Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a global team (UK & US) responsible for designing simple, smart experiences that enable our customers to achieve their goals.
The UX product design function sits under the umbrella of the wider CX team alongside user research, customer insight and behavioural science. Our mission is to drive customer-centric decisions, aligned with business priorities and product vision, through expertly designed, executed and analysed user research and experimentation.
We’re looking for a UX Product Designer to join the team and help us redefine how insurance works for the entrepreneurs and small business owners who are the lifeblood of the US economy.
As a UX Designer you will:
- Collaborate with different teams (insurance product, engineering), bringing the customer’s needs and problems to the front of strategy and decision-making
- Help define a problem space with a focus on customer needs and have full ownership over design within your product team
- Get involved early and be part of the whole problem-solving process
- Leverage the value of user research, customer insight and data analytics in your solutions
- Challenge conformity and approach ambiguity with confidence
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in defining a problem space and using applications, such as Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Relentless curiosity in people, their decisions, and why they make them
- Passion for inclusivity and accessibility in design and research
- Empathy with customer needs, consideration of technologies available, and a focus on delivering solutions with business value
- Decisive action, vigilance for opportunities, and a commitment to meeting challenges head-on
- Active collaboration – breaking down barriers, enlisting those who can add value, and integrating an array of viewpoints in the design process
- Sharing ideas and opinions, seeking feedback, offering constructive criticism, addressing issues, and confidence in approaching the unknown
- Championing the needs of customers, adjusting to their changing priorities and expectations, digging deep into feedback, and a commitment to maximising customer satisfaction
- Balancing big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities, equipping the business to address change and tackle new challenges
- Experience researching and experimenting, and the ability to identify the right use of qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions
- A portfolio of work with detailed, well articulated examples of process as well as interface design
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What's going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.