Senior Product Designer
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
Geotab is always looking for amazing people who are passionate about building products customers love. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to support our UI/UX design efforts for various product teams within Geotab. You will have deep knowledge of product design for responsive web, android and iOS applications. You are highly organized and are able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Also a strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join a data driven company — we would love to hear from you!
We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to COVID-19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Oakville, ON, Toronto,ON or Waterloo, ON.
What you'll do:
The Senior Product Designer will build an understanding and empathy for customers and users. You will play a key role leading projects end-to-end across our different product lines. You will connect with our customers and deliver products that meet their evolving needs. Reporting to the Product Design Manager, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Developers. You will be responsible for product design and will contribute to the road map and product vision. In this role, you will also mentor earlier-stage designers, synthesize data, advance design across the company, and facilitate product design conversations with the senior leadership.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Accountable for projects from start to finish, leading design initiatives such as planning, sketching, prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews.
- Collaborate closely with teams of designers, product managers, and developers to prototype, test and ship the best products for our customers.
- Work closely with data scientists and UX researchers to determine and plan the best methods and tools based on objectives and constraints.
- Synthesize data for data-informed product and design decision making; informing and identifying new product and feature opportunities.
- Mentor earlier stage designers across the design team; level up the team, help to improve best practices, processes and tooling.
- Help build a high-functioning design team and culture; contributing to hiring processes, providing thoughtful feedback in design critiques, identifying internal and external opportunities to level up design at Geotab.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience in Product Design working with a product or technology company is required.
- Passion for solving complex problems; ability to organize large amounts of information and simplify complex processes is essential.
- Deep knowledge of product design, including common interaction patterns used and associated trade-offs, and best practices for responsive web, Android, and iOS interfaces is required.
- Experience collaborating closely with product management, engineering, and research would be helpful.
- Ability to develop high-level design strategy and vision is necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to communicate insights clearly and provide recommendations to various stakeholders, including senior leadership, is required.
- Proficiency in user interface design and tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.