Senior UX Design Researcher
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior UX Design Researcher to support the full lifecycle of our products by planning and conducting user experience research and sharing compelling insights with product managers, designers, and executives. Ultimately, your work will directly impact the experience and care that patients receive when they need help the most.
As a Senior UX Design Researcher you will be asked to conduct concept and prototype validation research, iterative design and usability testing, and exploratory ethnographic research with patients, doctors, and healthcare workers. You will deliver clearly communicated and actionable research presentations that will inspire everyone. We are looking for a passionate design researcher who thrives in ambiguity, has the desire to learn and collaborate cross-functionally, and is obsessed with understanding how people think and feel.
Note: This role is technically based in our Boston office, but we are open to remote.
What you will do:
- Manage research projects from beginning to end: Intake, plan, conduct and analyze user research;
- Manage a backlog and roadmap of our research initiatives;
- Analyze the scope of research requests and develop an appropriate research plan based on the available resources;
- Plan and conduct generative research (e.g. ethnography, contextual inquiry, qualitative surveys, literature reviews). Generative research conducted in the field and remotely. Travel is expected;
- Plan and conduct evaluative user research (e.g. usability, tree tests, card sorts, first click tests);
- Plan and conduct product validation research;
- Design and deliver research reports and readouts for a wide variety of internal partners;
- Develop behavioral archetypes and journey maps;
- Translate user research findings into strategic and tactical recommendations;
- Maintain and grow knowledge repository;
- Evangelize and educate about user experience research throughout the organization;
- Create and foster collaborative partnerships across the organization;
- Collaboratively develop processes, structures, and tools that support a wide range of research needs and that inspire the team to do their best work.
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design Research
- Passion for creating consumer-centered product designs and cross-functional team collaboration;
- Experience managing a backlog and/or roadmap of research initiatives and developing systems for tracking research needs from cross-disciplinary groups;
- Drive to constantly learn new and developing research and analysis methods;
- Expert in qualitative User Experience Research methods; familiarity with quantitative research methods;
- Experience working in Agile software development process;
- Ability to develop and present research results to review with cross-functional organization for review and feedback;
- Experience with online remote research tools (e.g. UserTesting.com);
- At least a Bachelors in Design, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, or related field. Working experience of the equivalent accepted as well.
Bonus points if you have experience doing design research for healthcare, or working with Agile methods, human-centered design/design thinking, or design sprints.
Join us on an exciting journey
We are Cohere Health, a diverse group of smart, creative people passionate about bringing together the science, technology and expertise that will guide every patient to the path that’s right for them. We hope you’ll join us on this challenging and exciting journey!