Left Field Labs
We are a creative technology company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Culver City, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
As a User Experience (UX) researcher, you’ll be the crucial intersection between the user and the product. You’ll work to uncover user needs by conducting user testing sessions.
You’ll be key in observing behaviors, needs, wants, and barriers with another UX designer. These observations will transform into product requirements and feature documentations. You’ll present findings back to the larger team with your recommendations to help enhance the product.
- Work with the product team to understand creative vision, and prioritize research questions and goals based on this vision
- Facilitate 8 user testing sessions, 90 minutes each. Users will be asked to navigate a clickable wireframe prototype
- Identify common themes and insights from the sessions.
- Champion findings and outline clear recommendations that may span UX, UI, and development
- Present findings based on data and behavior back to the internal team and stakeholders
- Past experience facilitating user testing sessions and formulating themes and insights based on user input
- Experience with various methods of user research/testing and ability to formulate and implement a testing plan from start to finish
- Knowledge of UX design principles and best practices and/or experience working with UX/UI designers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; in particular, the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and perspectives in a persuasive but respectful manner
- Ability to take (and give) constructive feedback and incorporate into future work and practice
- Demonstration of a strategic mindset; the ability to connect dots between observations and user feedback and draw larger conclusions and recommendations
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.