Senior Digital UX Designer
Does your design background give you the flexibility to make everything from wireframes to prototypes to bespoke web experiences to playful animations?
Does your previous experience help you understand how to design responsive, high-performing web experiences?
Are you a strategic thinker who likes to experiment and iterate quickly? And, can you create compelling web experiences that will delight clients and tell great stories?
If you're ready for some of the most creative and challenging work of your career, you might be a great fit. We combine the feel of a fast-growing startup with technologically complex platform work informed by super-smart marketing techniques and iterative software development.
This position is unique because of the wide variety of work that you'll do, the emphasis on data-driven and strategic thinking, and the scope for you to drive creative decisions at senior levels.
Our work is more than pretty pictures—it communicates powerful ideas that emotionally connect with our audience and drives results for our clients.
- Develop conceptual treatments and detailed designs for digital visual identity systems, websites, landing pages, platform features, social media, online advertising, and other digital content
- Develop user interface designs for websites and mobile apps
- Be a master of responsive web design and atomic design
- Be comfortable developing wireframes and animation samples in InVision and Sketch
- Create interesting and beautiful infographics based on survey data and market research
- Develop behavior specifications to guide web development of your pixel perfect designs
- Edit and enhance photos and graphics for social media posting
- Collaborate with copywriters and video editors to storyboard multi-faceted campaign ideas
- Develop viral and shareable visual content for use online and in apps
- Manage multiple projects at one time and work with efficiency
- Sell and defend ideas and your work to internal team members for our platforms and to clients
- Rapidly develop detailed designs (ready for technical implementation) for TOP Agency, National Today, and other internal platforms and agencies like PR Hacker
- Partner with Growth team every other week to analyze performance and discuss UX, UI, Content, and Functional optimizations
- Conduct UX research (competitive analysis, user testing, desktop research, prototyping) for each new site build or new feature or section with a site and prepare strategic UX recommendations for implementation
- Develop Digital Visual Identity Systems for digital properties, websites, and platforms
- 5+ years professional graphic design experience for an agency or in-house at a major brand
- Must be a conceptual and strategic thinker
- Flexible in your ability to take individual initiative and self-manage. You must move your ideas along
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset
- Experience with and enthusiasm for data visualization and infographics
- High proficiency in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote, CSS
National Today is the internet's #1 authority on holidays throughout the year and around the world. For each day, we curate pages with extensive and exciting holiday history, exclusive money-saving deals, facts that will blow your mind, and fascinating survey data that sheds light on people's opinions on hundreds of topics.
Our talented team creates viral videos, sticky social posts, and eye-catching visuals adding to the celebration. We conduct in-depth research into the dozens of facets that make each holiday great. And we conduct exclusive opinion surveys to give readers a snapshot of how people across the globe like to celebrate that no other group can provide. Our development team advances the features, functionality, and data capture opportunities of the website every month and are constantly iterating, improving, and releasing updated versions.
At National Today, we love to celebrate and it shows.