Apply for this job
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
Do you have 2 years of experience in product design? Can you create easy-to-use user interfaces? Are you interested in joining the fast-paced telematics industry? If so, you might be the newest member of our UX team. Geotab is actively seeking a Product Designer to help us continue to improve the Geotab Marketplace (https://marketplace.geotab.com/), a platform that allows our partners to sell their software add-ins and hardware add-ons, directly to our customers or through our resellers. Marketplace is core to Geotab business, and our next designer must be highly curious and empathetic. Why not apply today?
What you'll do:
The Product Designer, Marketplace will spearhead design, interaction and user experience efforts across Geotab Marketplace. This position will play a key cross-functional role between product and development in researching, building, iterating and improving the design and experience for end users. As a Product Designer focussed on Marketplace, you'll work on things like our Marketplace partner application, analytics for our partners, sales enablement tools for our resellers, as well as the Marketplace itself.
How you'll make an impact:
- Lead research, ideation and creation of our application interactions.
- Partner with UX Research and Data Science team members during design and development to take broad conceptual ideas, understand user needs and lead the design process into actionable designs and prototypes
- Map out user flows, wireframes and prototypes for user testing, feedback and deployment
- Dive deep into Customer/User experience to develop deep insights about user behaviours
- Conduct interviews, and collect feedback from end users and subject matter experts
- Work with cross functional teams to design, build, and roll-out products that deliver on the Geotab vision and strategy
- Use Design Principles, as well as existing visual frameworks to produce designs that are visually cohesive with the rest of Geotab's products, with a holistic consideration for the product's future
- Design web applications using industry best practices and existing visual frameworks
- Support Geotab's global product strategy initiatives.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 2+ years of professional experience in Product Design
- Deep knowledge of product design, including common interaction patterns used and associated trade-offs, and best practices for responsive web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with product management, engineering and research
- Proficiency in user interface design and using tools like Figma (this is our primary tool), Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.