Product Design Lead
We believe relationships and community are key to student success and engaged alumni. That's why we built PeopleGrove: a unified solution for relationship-driven career success. By making mentors, advisers, and coaches accessible, we help students from all walks of life access to new opportunities and achieve their career goals.
PeopleGrove is on a mission to connect every student and professional with the mentors, advisers, and network needed to realize their full potential and find a fulfilling career. PeopleGrove's mentorship and advising platform has been successfully launched at the world's leading institutions, including Stanford, UMUC, Kansas State and many more.
As a Product Design Lead at PeopleGrove, you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to create engaging, delightful user experiences for the student, alumni, and admin users on our platform.
Along the way, you'll work with team members from Product Management, Engineering, QA, Customer Success, and more to design a product that our customers and end users love. You will leverage your bias toward action to break down complex problems into smaller UX improvements that we can quickly implement. You will also help us build and refine design processes that support the rapid scaling of our user base and the PeopleGrove team
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3-5+ years of hands-on UX design experience
- Experience managing a design project from start to finish
- Ability to communicate effectively to different audiences within the organization
- A keen sense of design - both interaction design and for visual design style.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch and InVision)
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Manage team of product designers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- A key contributor to product team working closely with PM and key stakeholders
- Be able to quickly deliver value on many different aspects of user experience design.
- Continually research the customer experience to dive into root problems and uncover
- opportunities around our product
- Help shape design-centered culture within the organization
- Can get hands dirty with all parts of the design process
- In a nutshell, end-to-end user experience design with a focus on interaction design and visual design.
PeopleGrove is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.