Director of UX
Director of UX
At Talkspace, our mission is to make quality mental health care more accessible. To date, we have served 2 million people and have 55+ million lives covered through insurance plans and partners. As of June 2021, Talkspace has just become the first publicly traded behavioral health company on the NASDAQ (NYSE: “TALK”). We are on a rocket ship to offer a growing suite of digitally-native mental health services to millions of users, and we’re just getting started. Come join us!
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and customer-obsessed Director of UX to join our growing team! In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers, Chief Experience Officer, Creative Director, and Engineering to design new features and funnels, as well as evolving existing customer facing product lines across all platforms.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a UX Designer designing digital-first products (both iOS and Android and web), ideally in a digital consumer tech product/service/app, a digital subscription/e-commerce, or digital healthcare/behavioral health. .
- Experience designing a variety of different types of features, experiments, and offerings, including but not limited to: A/B optimizations, conversion and growth experiments, and building consumer-focused features that drive engagement, retention, and reduce churn.
- Exceptional proficiency in Sketch, ideally also Figma
- Deep understanding of iOS, Android and Web standard UX/UI practices
This role is right for you if...
- You have a high degree of autonomy & ownership. You have a strong ability to carry a project from conception to finished production ready design files.
- You are truly customer-obsessed. You regularly apply data-driven insights about your prospect or target customer to inform your recommendations.
- You are equally passionate about cutting-edge technology and mental health
- You are a cutting-edge UX design junkie with a keen pulse on UX/UI, visual design, interactive design standards of excellence and best practices;
- You have depth and breadth of experience across devices (iOS, Android, web-based), tools (Figma, Sketch), testing solutions, and best practices (accessibility, usability).
- You are equally energized by designing UX/UI optimizations/iterations of existing experiences as you are white-boarding a net new feature.
- You are deeply kind, completely ego-less, and genuinely collaborative. You don’t will your way to a solution through brute force and you recognize that a solution comes with consensus, rapport-building, and earning trust. You speak up and advocate for the user, not your own personal design interests.
- You are as excellent a listener as you are a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal
- You truly value the richness of teamwork and know how to work well across all different teammates and thinkers, spanning product managers, engineers, marketers, data analytics, brand, experience.
- You are a visionary and an innovator;
- You can find ease in an environment filled with ambiguity;
- You see our current app and have 30 immediate ideas on how to improve it based on UX and UI best practices, not your personal opinion.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities, while always keeping the user at the center
- You have a great aesthetic eye for creating compelling typography lockups and UI as well as the ability to work within predefined style guidelines
- You understand motion, audio, and animation as crucial parts of UX/UI solutions
To be considered for the role, please share a portfolio of work demonstrating exceptional product design sensibilities, solid understanding of best practices across all platforms (web, iOS, and Android) as well as strong understanding of UX, behavioral economics, and an ability to solve complex problems in concise intuitive ways. You should be comfortable leveraging your design skills to create good user experiences within technical constraints and scopes focused on getting the underlying value to market fast.
- Prototyping skills for web and mobile experiences (Webflow, Principle etc).
- Motion design and illustration skills
- Video editing skills
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.