Who we are
SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business.
About the role
As a UX Writer at SpotOn, you write concise, well-crafted UI content that adheres to a holistic, user-centered content strategy. In this role, you’ll collaborate with designers, researchers, content strategists, and other key business stakeholders to write and test user-focused solutions for both customer-facing and internal tools for mobile and desktop channels. You’ll help create innovative features and interactions that support SpotOn legacy and ongoing charter for outstanding customer service. You will also partner with video content creators in order to provide demo recordings, voice-over, video scripts, and coordinate the production line.
About the team
You'll be a core member of the SpotOn design team and will specifically be supporting the online ordering team, which sits within the Restaurant portion of SpotOn's product offerings. We're a location-distributed team across the US, Mexico, and Poland, and include product managers, project managers, front-end web, iOS, and Android developers, as well as back-end developers. You'll report to a design lead on the team. The current Product Design Team is formed by 18 people between illustrators, video creators, and product designers.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other content creators, as well as product managers, digital merchandising, creative, marketing, and other key stakeholders.
- Product Video script creation and coordination of video creation.
- Screen recording visuals on computer/handheld devices/from the prototype.
- Create detailed content design deliverables (copy docs, informational/confirmation/error messages, push notifications.) that effectively communicate UX thinking and business requirements
- Manage your time effectively and work in an agile environment/schedule
- Voice over recording experience it’s a bonus
What you'll need
- 1 year of experience in UX/UI writing, content design, and/or technical writing or copywriting (Bonus)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar)
- A portfolio of relevant UX examples demonstrating your proficiency in UX content, and the ability to discuss your involvement in the overall design process
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships and collaborate with UX designers, UX researchers, and product managers
- Experience with tools such as Miro, Figma, or FigJam a plus
- Experience working for retail or web-based companies, interactive/ad agencies, or start-ups a plus
- Experience with Agile development process a plus