Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
In 2009, thredUP set out to make used clothes the new normal and create a more sustainable future for fashion. The company designed a modern resale experience that took the work and risk out of thrift, and converted a generation of secondhand skeptics to fans. Sellers send clothes directly to thredUP by the bagful, and buyers shop quality-checked items from over 35,000 brands at steep discounts. To power this marketplace, thredUP built an infrastructure that has recirculated 100 million unique garments via proprietary technology, data and logistics. thredUP most recently expanded its platform with Resale-as-a-Service (RaaS) to power resale for the world’s leading fashion brands. As a circular fashion pioneer, thredUP is reducing fashion’s impact on the planet and unlocking economic value for consumers and brands alike.
How You Will Make An Impact
Ultimately, our customers are at the core of our business. Our ability to develop a successful longer-term strategy rests on the depth of our understanding of our customers’ contexts and needs as we evolve. As a UX researcher, you will act as a liaison between design, product, brand, marketing, customer support, data science, and other stakeholders. This is a hands-on role talking and interacting with users to generate actionable insights and recommendations, working to scale research competencies within our design, product, and other stakeholder teams, and advocating for our customers’ voices and needs within thredUP.
ThredUP has a collaborative, supportive, and transparent culture and we are invested in the growth of the people who join our team. We look for people who are motivated to learn from others and to help each other grow, people who are open to new ideas and ways of doing things, and people who want to experiment their way forward.
If you’re not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize user insights from a variety of data sources (e.g. could include interviews, surveys, focus groups, or other methods)
- Partner with Product and other stakeholders to translate UX learnings into insights that inform and generate business impacts in areas such as product design, development, marketing, or business strategy
- Build narratives to frame and distill complex problems and findings, and communicating and championing these user insights with various stakeholders
- Continually advocate for user perspectives. Collaborating with and soliciting inputs from various stakeholders, in order to incorporate technical and business requirements into research and to uncover areas where UX can have outsized impact
- Drive the growth of thredUP’s UX program: collaborating to scale the research competencies across our teams, and continually making our UX processes more efficient so that more teams across thredUP can incorporate impactful, high-quality user insights more quickly, often, and effectively to drive decision-making
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 2 years of professional, industry user research experience, in applied research or product research settings (either end-to-end, usability, or generative research), with examples of actionable research outcomes
- Experience taking broad or ambiguous topic areas and translating these into concrete research projects
- Experience designing, structuring, and conducting research projects on new and unfamiliar topic areas
- Experience designing, differentiating, and prioritizing different research methods (e.g. interviews, surveys, usability studies, or others) given different research goals, questions, and available resources
- Experience advocating for and communicating research findings to diverse audiences through both written and in-person formats and presentations
What We Offer:
- Currently running a 4-day work week experiment through year end 2021, with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 12 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Innovative tools: Google Workspace & your choice of a Mac or Windows based laptop
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Honorable Mention in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.