Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are a YCombinator company that has raised $15M in Series A funding. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization, and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower can up-level all members of the team around them.
You could combine your passion for design with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace we're working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we're looking for a Senior Product Designer - UX Strategy to help build the farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Design organization.
This role will report directly to our Director of Product Design.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Solve problems by focusing on understanding the "why, what, and how", and clearly articulate solutions to stakeholders (internal and external).
- Partner with design leadership to help shape the product strategy and vision across the organization.
- Drive and help develop a strong design culture throughout the business focused on user-centered designs and best practice design processes.
- Provide continuous support with the development of our design system and component library.
- Conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies.
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across R&D and Revenue (Sales, CustOps, etc.).
- Maintain visual and brand consistency across all our digital platforms.
- Assist in brand strategy and creative direction.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of fullcycle product design experience with an emphasis on UX strategy.
- Compelling story storyteller backed by strong presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Ability to influence a strong design culture and align overall business to design best practices.
- Experience in applied user research, with a deep understanding of research methodologies.
- Experience creating & managing design systems, style guides, and component libraries.
- Experience working with a collaborative design process that focuses on fast, iterative design cycles.
- Strong portfolio illustrating experience designing digital experiences for mobile and desktop.
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever-changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!