Senior Product Designer
Pylons is a seed-stage startup on a mission to bring digital items to the world and power meaningful value and self-expression for all. We believe that blockchain will power so much more than currency, and that value belongs to the people who create it.
Built on Cosmos, and incubated at Tendermint, Pylons is a fast and interoperable system for brands and creators to build engaging products with meaningful NFT experiences.
We’re looking for a seasoned and detail-obsessed Senior Designer to further our mission of making blockchain and NFTs accessible for everyday people. You’ll partner with a world-class team of software developers, branding, marketing, and product experts on both visual and UX design across the entire Pylons ecosystem. This is an opportunity to have tons of autonomy, creative license, and a massive impact. Your fingerprints will be all over our marketing materials, pitch decks, public website, and our consumer-facing apps – Easel and Pylons Wallet.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a wide variety of design experiences, the ability to partner with cross-functional groups of stakeholders and collaborators, a passion for making the complex simple, and the ability to work autonomously and drive the design process forward independently.
If you’re excited by the idea of working with a small, passionate team to design delightful experiences that bring blockchain to the mainstream, let’s talk!
- 5+ years experience designing for consumer experiences for multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Strong visual design skills
- Proven ability to partner with marketing teams to deliver powerful materials that bring the brand to life
- A high level of empathy and obsession with solving UX needs
- Highly collaborative
- Autonomous with a bias for action
- Experience with early-stage startups
- Understanding of cryptography and distributed systems or ability to quickly and independently learn the space
Nice to Have
- Experience creating and codifying design systems
- Experience with illustration and motion graphics a plus
- Prior knowledge of Blockchain and NFT technology
- Experience designing for projects with multiple brand voices for unique audiences
What you’ll work on
- Deliver delightful and highly usable designs that simplify complex interactions across the Pylons ecosystem, including:
- Easel: our NFT-minting app for visual artists
- Pylons Wallet: the entry point to the Pylons ecosystem that enables creators and collectors to manage the digital items they own
- Partner with the product, marketing, and partnerships teams to gain a deep understanding of the various audiences and target users
- Conduct usability testing as needed
- Define and execute a full design lifecycle process to ensure high-quality results
- Design and refine solutions based on meeting user needs and achieving business goals
- Present designs and build consensus among stakeholders
- Document designs to facilitate smooth and efficient development by our fully-distributed engineering team
- Bring the Pylons brand to life via visual and interaction design