Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We're also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child's boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We've also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Data plays an essential role in how we make decisions at Outschool. As our company grows, so does our need for rigorous, ongoing feedback from learners, parents, and teachers. As a UX Researcher at Outschool, you will help us stay connected to our community’s needs and experiences as we scale by conducting end-to-end research, from early exploratory initiatives to post-release validation. You’ll be joining a fast-growing research team at a high-growth, mission-driven startup where your work will have the potential for major impact on the lives of teachers and families across the world.
- Proactively plan and execute user research throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, working closely & collaboratively with product partners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Independently conduct end-to-end qualitative/quantitative studies to answer key questions for our business
- Work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects
- Contribute to the development of a data-driven understanding of Outschool’s users and potential users
- Help the research team develop and optimize internal processes so we can maintain both rigor and speed as we scale
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience in UX research, with an emphasis on product research/strategy
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with easeExcellent facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; you can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with ease
- Business and product savviness - ability to prioritize and deliver research that will drive decisions at the company
- Experience and judgment of when to be scrappy and when to be rigorous
- Highly collaborative people-person: you love connecting with and helping others, whether they’re users or teammates
- Analytical ,data-driven, and supremely detail-oriented
- Passion for education and learning
- Previous startup experience
- Experience writing SQL
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.