Senior UX Designer
GoTab is looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit to join our team! GoTab is creating the next generation dining experience with app-less mobile ordering and payments for the hospitality industry. If you’re looking to join a creative, hard-working, and collaborative team - look no further!
As a Senior UX Designer - WordPress, you will help introduce GoTab to the hospitality industry and grow the platform. The Senior UX Designer - WordPress will work closely with the GoTab Visual Design and Marketing Team to create a world-class B2B2C website that helps achieve our ambitious SEO, demand generation and brand awareness goals. You are a data lover, analytical thinker, active listener, hands-on product lover, problem solver, and risk-taker. You thrive in ambiguity and enjoy investigating the root causes of problems. You will be responsible for creating websites, landing pages, with an emphasis on mobile-first experiences.
GoTab, Inc, the contactless order and payment platform, helps large & mid-sized restaurants, hotels, bars, breweries and other hospitality venues optimize their front-of-house service models using low-cost, agile technology. Patrons scan a QR code directly from their smart phones, order items via online menus, and pay securely - all without downloading an application or interacting with a server. Founded in 2016 and based in Arlington, Virginia, GoTab serves hundreds of national, regional and local full-service accounts in almost 30 U.S. States.
- Design and maintain the gotab.io/en/ site.
- Ensure optimum web and mobile usability and simplicity for customers and prospects.
- Work in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Analyst to design for response and conversion.
- Provide deliverables in the discovery phase including audience personas, wireframes, sketches, etc.
- Contribute and develop ideas for design concepts for clients in varied industries.
- Communicate ideas & project statuses clearly.
- Produce concise presentations & emails.
- Design, format, and maintain blog posts across all web sites.
- Communicate continuing changes to web sites to management and internal users.
- Code websites and emails using HTML/CSS as needed.
- Work closely with writers, designers, and programmers to coordinate project deployment.
- Maintain directory organization of all original, working, and final files.
- Consistently hit deadlines while managing several projects at once.
- Communicate with various department heads regarding needs and improvements.
- Keep up to date with the latest web standards and trends
Skills & Requirements
- 3 - 5 years experience in web design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop (preferred); advanced knowledge of WordPress.
- In-depth understanding of Sketch and Invision or other prototyping tools.
- Highly proficient in web and mobile design including design principles, design layouts including responsive design, browser usability, cross-platform compatibility, color, quick loading of images, and user experience.
- Skilled in adhering to strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment, critical thinking and attention to detail with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Qualified applicants will be required to submit a design portfolio to be considered for the position
Benefits and Perks
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $100 monthly allowance to dine with any GoTab location of your choice
- Ballston location with easy metro access (If local)
- Join the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup with endless potential
GoTab is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, genetic information, marital/familial status, disability, military status, veteran status, or any other protected status. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.