Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Shape the future of audience engagement with well designed analytics. Help our users turn data into actionable insights with delightful design.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help craft polished, user-focused experiences that enable our users in making data informed decisions. You’ll also be playing a critical role in scaling the design process and culture at Chartbeat!Our immediate team is distributed across the US in the EST timezone. We’re open to remote designers in time zones that overlap with EST We believe that there is more to being data-driven than just tracking metrics and that data is only as good as the narrative that accompanies it. Our goal is to help our users drive their businesses with insights. We’re designing interfaces to help our users easily access and understand the insights behind their audience data and build the confidence in the decisions on how to grow their businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead design for one of our core product areas. You’ll work closely with product managers and engineers in establishing its long-term strategy and short-term tactical work.
- Champion for the Design system. We currently have a design system which you’ll take the lead on and nurture it to help the team build better and more effectively.
- Hands-on visual design. You’ll be shaping the product directly with your design expertise. Your well designed interfaces will delight users by simplifying the extraction of insights from data.
- Work on a range of projects from broad, loosely defined problems and concepts to specific, tactical feature work. We are a small but mighty design team, which will give you a chance to work on a broad range of design challenges that you are interested in.
- Collaborate closely with the design team around overall product vision, design processes, research practices, and design systems.
- Participate and lead design reviews and critiques with designers, product teams, and leadership.
- Ability to break down complex problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility.
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS products.
- An expert in UI/UX design while skilled in other product design disciplines.
- Knowledge in user research and usability testing practices.
- Comfort working around ambiguity and willingness to tackle tasks outside your comfort zone.
- Detail oriented with an excitement for your work being polished and pixel perfect.
- Constant advocate for our users while being considerate of your colleagues where you can find the right balance between user, business, project needs.
- Systems-oriented thinking where you can distill your designs into shareable components, patterns, and behaviors.
- Strong critical thinking, communication, and writing skills.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience at a product-driven tech company.
The Company Overview (Business & Culture)
Chartbeat’s (www.chartbeat.com) mission is to help content creators around the world better connect with their audiences. Leading media brands — including The New York Times, ESPN, the Washington Post, the BBC, and CNN — trust our suite of analytics and optimization tools to understand digital audience behavior and strengthen their content strategies.
You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Compensation and Benefits
We are proud to offer our team members a competitive compensation plan that includes stock options for all full-time employees and a 401K program with an immediately vesting match.
Health, Dental, Vision
Pre-tax transit cards
$30/month book stipend
$250/year learning and development
Discounted gym memberships
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At Chartbeat we strive to create and continually grow as a company where all employees are able to be their authentic selves. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and retaining employees from different backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences. Our strength is our diversity and we are dedicated to continuously reflect upon, and evolve our efforts to maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive ecosystem.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Chartbeat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.