Senior UX Designer
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an experienced designer looking to join a highly impactful, creative, and dynamic team.
- You have experience designing and shipping successful experiences for enterprise users and/or have the ability to work within a technical and highly complex environment.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, and the needs of our customers and can transform those insights into beautifully designed products.
- You are a strong interaction designer and demonstrate a solid understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture.
- You have great communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, support your design decisions, and thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have a strong intuition, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct and validate your ideas through user research and feedback.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Designer, you'd be joining a small, but growing team focused on delivering valuable and intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to development and release.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
- Make data-driven decisions and advocate for your users. You’ll tie your decisions back to your research and guide the product strategy from the user’s perspective while keeping business goals and engineering constraints in mind.
- Work autonomously and act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities. Advise junior team members throughout the design process.
- Uphold high standards for visual and interaction design. Contribute to our existing design system in a scalable way.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Hands on experience with Figma, Sketch, or similar tools.
- Experience with information-heavy products or designing for complex systems is a plus.
- Ability to quickly come up with multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and wireframes.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS, and a working knowledge of current engineering approaches to building enterprise products.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.