Lead UX Designer
At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a UX Designer focused on cross-play, you’ll leverage your knowledge of game UX best practices and love of games across PC, console and mobile platforms to design interfaces and interactions that are intuitive, clear and delightful for players regardless of platform. You will advise system and gameplay designers on the UX implications of their designs to ensure that we can realize our goals of cross-play without compromise.
- Report to the Game Director and maintain an alignment and understanding of the vision and goals of the game
- Discover, develop and articulate best practices for cross-play UX and interaction design
- Ensure our cross-play game experience is high quality, consistent, and takes advantage of the unique capabilities of all platforms
- Ensure that game interfaces have appropriate and clear specifications and meet our best practices for cross-play
- Facilitate discussion within cross-functional teams about player experience that generate insights, reveal requirements, and facilitate empathy for players on every platform
- Mentor, develop and grow designers in the craft of UX Design
- Create wireframes, user flows, and other artifacts as necessary to communicate design and inform implementation
- 7+ years of industry experience in a UX role
- Experience designing interfaces for two or more platforms in a gaming context (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Experience wireframing in one or more of: Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch. Prototyping experience is valued but not required.
- Play experience with one or more singleplayer or multiplayer deep progression RPG gaming titles (like World of Warcraft)
- Play experience with one or more cross-play gaming titles (like Fortnite, Genshin Impact)
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy