Senior UX Researcher
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for challenging the status-quo and looking at new ways to create powerful customer experiences defined by your ability to proactively identify, create, run, and analyze qualitative customer research that will support the building of our products for today and the future. This role works closely with the Product Management, Design, Member Experience, Data Science and Marketing teams to identify, define, measure and communicate user research insights.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Leading user research preparation activities Independently drawing basic conclusions from data sets
- Creating summary documentation for group presentations
- Managing research projects end-to-end including designing, scheduling, organizing, and executing studies with internal teams and external agencies
- You should have strong experience conducting user research in a real-world setting, synthesizing product-related findings, excellent communication skills, and an eye for observing the nuances of human behavior.
- 3-5 years of experience in a User Research role conducting user research
- Highly skilled at conducting in-person interviews
- Detail-oriented, independent working style
- Understands user experience research methods and creating product-level insights
- Comfortable with and skilled at analyzing large qualitative datasets (e.g., interview videos, transcripts, open-ended survey responses
- Understands basic statistical concepts
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating)
- Hands-on experience with remote testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnographic research, and survey design
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Degree in Applied Psychology, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Design, HCI/Computer Science, or other related human centric field
- Has developed service blueprint and/or user journey maps
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!