Company HQ in Boston, MA - Remote candidates welcome. East Coast timezone preferred.
Experience Required: 5+ years of experience
It’s a fact –– 85% of all Enterprise data is unstructured. Critical insight in texts, csv’s, videos, audio files, pdf’s, contracts, emails, and much more are buried, unreachable by traditional analytics and BI tools, and requiring hours of human time to code, structure, classify and analyze.
What’s more, because this data is unstructured, the business processes it enables simply can’t be automated. This prevents enterprises from realizing the massive time and money benefits today’s RPA, Process Mining and BPA technologies offer.
Indico Data, the Unstructured Data Company, provides an innovative AI and ML powered software solution that enables organizations to automate, gain insight from, and apply their unstructured data to a wide range of automation workflows.
Unlike anything on the market, Indico is purpose-built for unstructured data, bringing together robust data analytics, advanced artificial intelligence and ML technologies, deep learning capabilities and highly efficient process automation.
Indico frees this data, allowing it to be robotically automated and deeply analyzed, delivering broad enterprise value, driving business and digital transformation initiatives, and saving Enterprises millions of dollars annually.
About the Position
As a UX Researcher on Indico’s product team you’ll be on the bleeding edge of human-computer interaction helping us build easy-to-use machine teaching tools. Externally, you will work closely with a variety of customer stakeholders from subject matter experts to data scientists. Internally you’ll be building our UX discipline from the ground up, helping to cross-functionally build Indico’s design philosophies and human factors that will innovate the field of knowledge work and multi-modality interfaces to create happy and productive Indico users. User-centric research & design is key, but the space of machine learning presents unique challenges and capabilities and navigating these complexities will be core to this role. We want to change the way people view automation and this role is pivotal in making that happen.
You’re not afraid of a challenge. You believe that humans and computers work better together and love building solutions that play to both of their strengths. You’re excited at the prospect of making advanced machine learning simple, intuitive, and ubiquitous. You’re comfortable navigating uncharted territory and use qualitative and quantitative data to plot a course to a better product. You want to take insights from well traversed frameworks and build something new and exciting that works for the problem at hand. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation about personal and professional growth. With all that in mind, most importantly you have fun with it!
- Lead strategic design and execution of user-centered research and usability studies that will create world class experiences for knowledge workers using machine teaching
- Design and execute high priority user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, such as interviews, diary studies, heuristic evaluation, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, JTBD, etc.
- Determine and recommend the most efficient and effective research approaches as a to solve for business needs and meet agreed-upon technical and business objectives
- Stay current with research, techniques, and tools in the field of UX especially as it relates to human computer interaction and Indico’s unique problem set
- Works with and provides supporting documentation to others that influences product, system or application development and implementation to ensure creation of efficient, sustainable and successful results to build shared context across the organization (i.e. personas, user journey maps, wireframes, and empathy maps)
- 5+ years of experience in user-centric design roles
- Comfortable running a design process from values exploration through to implementation
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in Machine Learning
- Deep desire to connect with users and help make machine learning a more accessible technology
- Likes to Laugh and enjoys Puns
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.