Apply for this job
Join Guidewire design!
UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
Our team tackles various domains within Property and Casualty insurance, from building and managing continuous integrations for various cloud products to claims to big data and analytics. We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve business realities and execute innovative and scalable solutions for enterprise and customer-facing applications.
We want to see your awesomeness, so please be sure to share your portfolio with us.
- Build bridges between different functions (e.g., product teams, engineering, technical writers, services, etc.) to define and prioritize problems to be solved and requirements
- Planning and running workshops and design sprints to engage with internal stakeholders and customers
- Apply service design principles to map out complex processes and journeys involving multiple personas
- Iterating design - developing design solutions from requirements, incorporating feedback from stakeholders, and applying analytics and user research findings.
- Crafting and specifying the user interface to production quality
- Mentoring and supporting junior designers
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of design experience and UX research in enterprise and complex business processes
- Good knowledge of service design practices
- Proven experience in planning, executing, and synthesizing research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design portfolio that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success. The portfolio may be online or a shareable PDF
- Experience with designing for finance, continuous integration products, or Property and Casualty insurance is a plus
How we work @ Guidewire
- Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
- Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
- Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
- Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.