UX Design Manager
Design and UX are always at the forefront of every product we at Zeta build. We’re looking for a design leader to join our design team. You will directly manage a team of designers supporting them as they drive their personal and professional growth. You will influence and interpret the product vision to drive the strategic execution of design through your team. You will advocate and drive for consistency across the product and actively participate in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions. You will challenge the status quo on creativity and quality of design work across your team. You will proactively look for and solve high-level issues, risks, and opportunities. You will also interact with external stakeholders and potential customers to give our perspective and suggestions on design processes and present solutions.
What is the job like?
- Directly manage and lead a group of designers in delivering world-class interaction designs from initial concept through to shipping.
- Take full ownership and responsibility of projects to every detail and every step of the product journey.
- Work closely with product leads, engineering leads, and data scientists to shape products and impact their roadmap and strategy.
- Have keen eye for detail and can give effective direction and feedback to designers on the team.
- Promote a good design culture helping your team both professionally and personally Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways, that blend brand personality, visual, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Break down fuzzy problems into simple ones and enable your team to give an outstanding output
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, devices, platforms, and form factors ranging from phones to tablets over to laptops and computers.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, designers, and engineers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in the context of business, strategy, and user goals.
Who should apply for this role?
- A compassionate and people-centric approach to management
- 2+ years of experience managing design teams in an agile product development environment.
- 6+ years of interaction design work experience in product companies.
- Have experience shipping multiple products and understand what it takes to create mind-blowing experiences
- Have a technical mind, interested in code and architecture of digital products Familiarity with the capabilities and constraints of several of today’s and tomorrow’s digital devices and platforms
- Understand business and strategy, and align solutions with them
- User and data-focused design mentality.
- You are constantly looking to hone your team's instincts through user feedback and data insight.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Willingness to do hands-on design, sketching concepts, tweaking flows, and polishing designs that represent big-thinking work.
- You are a thoughtful leader, designer, and critical thinker who questions the status quo and strives for improvement
- Proficient in Figma (if not, Sketch/XD). Experience with tools such as Principle, Framer, Webflow, or Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills both written and verbal.
Good to have
- Experience in hiring, interviewing, training, and mentoring talent.
- Experience in design research and know different methodologies and when to use them
- Knowledge of engineering frameworks and staying up to date with the latest developments.
- Ability to identify and set UX success metrics for your products and track them, taking actions wherever necessary.
- Believe in inclusive design and accessibility and don’t believe it has to mean compromising aesthetics
- Familiarity and comfort in working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly
- Keen interest in all aspects of designs from sketching wireframes to visual perfection to prototypes and motion.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Co-founded by Bhavin Turakhia (CEO) and Ramki Gaddipati (CTO), Zeta® is on a mission to make digital payments easy, inclusive and valuable for corporations, employees and merchants globally. Our products revolve around the key idea that spending and receiving money should be easy, fast, and trouble-free.
Our business comprises:
1) Zeta® Banking- we are in the business of providing a full stack, cloud native, API-first neo-banking platform including a digital core and a payment engine for issuance of credit, debit and prepaid products that enable legacy banks and new age fintechs to launch modern retail and corporate fintech products.
2) Zeta Benefits - We started our business as an ‘employee benefits’ provider in India, with technology at the core of the offering. The Zeta BRS business today exists as a merged entity, with Sodexo, in India. On the global level, we are working with various Sodexo geographies as their technology partner, providing customisable suite of frontend and backend solutions for the BRS industry. We currently engage with Sodexo in Brazil, Vietnam and The Philippines; and are continuously expanding to more countries.
3) Enterprise Payments - our enterprise payments solution helps financial institutions simplify payment flows using full stack, cloud native, API-first technology. From reward and recognition programs to gifting to expense management, we aim to make all enterprise payments hassle free while delivering a tangible business impact to the end user.
4) Plutus - Plutus is a digital led bank and payments offering initially targeted towards India’s gen X, Y, Z and millennial audiences. Plutus is a strategic partnership between Zeta and a top 3 Indian private sector bank with the mission to build a digital bank completely from scratch. It will serve the bank’s 25 mn+ consumers and drive growth to double the base to 50 Mn+ in the next 5 years. To achieve this, we’ve reimagined banking completely from the ground up.
Zeta currently provides its platform and products to BFSI issuers in India, Asia, and LATAM. The product offerings are used by banks like RBL Bank, IDFC First Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank, 14000 corporates and over 2 million users. Zeta is a SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO 9008, PCI DSS certified company. The company has over 500 employees and clocks over 1 million transactions per day.Zeta® was awarded the best B2B platform and the best Payment App at the Payments and Cards Summit 2018. The company was also recognised as one of India’s most innovative product companies at NASSCOM Emerge 50 awards 2017 and was named the Fintech Rising Star for 2017 by the India FinTech forum.