Do you have a great eye for design? Are you convinced that a great user experience is the foundation for client retention? Do you love the challenge of designing an intuitive product for a not very tech-savvy audience? Three times yes? Sounds like we found a match!
About this Opportunity:
As a Product Designer at Popmenu, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming, user research/testing, wire-framing, to crafting final UI, and prototyping. You will work directly with PMs to help define product strategy and utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to craft the user experience of Popmenu.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Own overall design strategy/vision for your product area, while working with the larger design team to build design principles and standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the definition of information architecture, navigational models, and task workflows.
- Work closely with developers to ensure a balance between product usability and feasibility.
- Own and evangelize visual style guidelines and design patterns for use across our platform.
- Contribute to and help build the Popmenu design system.
- Participate heavily in usability testing and user research.
Bottom Line - in this role it is your responsibility to design a product our clients love.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 2 or more years of experience with experience in B2C and B2B products
- Familiarity or experience as a generalist product designer
- Experience building/pulling through a design system a strong plus.
- Experience designing in Figma a plus
- Bonus is you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human Computer Interaction; OR Graphic Design.
- You have a passion for food. We love talking about food, restaurants, and recommending dishes. It’s a plus if you do as well.
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector working with more than 5,000 restaurants every month. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and the consumer. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving:
- We have a great culture and environment that emphasizes collaboration, energy and openness above corporate formality. You can be yourself.
- We know that great ideas are rooted in diverse culture and experience. We are always striving to create an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
- Flexibility and freedom are high—are you doing your part and getting your work done? That’s all that matters.
- We’re growing fast but there’s still plenty of runway for you to have major impact. We’ve built infrastructure to ensure you’re not starting from scratch or getting lost along the way.
- Innovation is in our DNA—to find great ideas you have to break things. We encourage you to fail fast, fail smartly and fail forward.
- Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
- Work alongside a talented team with experience developing, marketing and selling products for millions of users and thousands of clients—there is always something new to learn from one another.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity along with an excellent benefits package for all our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and an open PTO policy.