UI / UX Designer
We’re the ones with big ideas, bold vision, and Silicon Valley-casual vibes who are passionate about solving real problems for our clients.
Frequence’s powerful software makes it easy for media companies to stay competitive in the digital advertising space. We empower experts in sales and ad design with a set of tools that allows them to efficiently deliver what would otherwise be complex advertising strategies.
Unlike other workflow software, Frequence is the most complete system on the market, connecting all aspects of digital advertising—sales, operations, and reporting—from beginning to end. We create smart, focused campaigns based on performance data from thousands of local and national media campaigns to level the playing field and make programmatic ad buying possible for smaller local businesses. The data is out there, and we want to help advertisers put it to work.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will work with Product Management, Engineering, Client Success, Data Science, and Marketing teams to push boundaries, build great products, and solve customer problems. You will help build out a UX team and practice working directly with the UX director and stakeholders. We are growing and maturing and you should like a mid-stage startup environment with a lot of green fielding on product and process. You will help define the design system, apply platform thinking, work with development to close the loop on implemented design. You will think strategically, be able to deliver on the day-to-day needs but also help define what we are building towards. You will follow through to see your designs come to life in a fast-paced environment and have the freedom to choose your own path and work with like-minded innovators and problem-solvers in a flat and transparent organization.
What You Will Do:
- You will work with one of our product area teams, defining and designing features as well as you will help define the overall platform experience
- Define and drive designs from very early sketches to implementation. You will work from both general UX to the UI
- Champion and help define the design system for our entire platform
- Understand requirements by working with product managers and engineers
- In some cases, create pixel-perfect designs ready for development handoff
- Recommend design solutions and UI improvements for components across the platform
- Collaborate with users, stakeholders, and executives to continuously groom your designs
Who You Are:
- BA/BS + Experience Design, or related fields
- At least 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role, with a heavy emphasis on business applications, SaaS, or ecosystem-based experiences
- Fluency in best practices in user experience and product design
- Experience in building pattern libraries and delivering designs based on them
- Able to advocate for users, promote user empathy, defend and negotiate user interface decisions, from idea to implementation
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, secondary in Sketch, Zeplin, or similar
- Proactively determine design needs and solutions for platform and features
- A self-starter who can own a project from end-to-end
- Passion for trends in technology and user interface patterns for web
- Demonstrated effective communicator and collaborator. Know when to lead, lead by example and follow others lead
Nice to Have:
- Agile/Scrum and Jira experience
- Design portfolio including SaaS projects
- Eagerness to take ownership
- A global mindset
Frequence has a passion for our people and our mission to help clients grow their business. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. We're approachable, inclusive, and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters.
Want proof that we love our people? Frequence was recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces Company for 2020!
Ways we show our love (some call them benefits):
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup, 401K
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO
- Spaces to blow off steam (think gym, basketball court, and lots of egg chairs)
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.