Senior Product Designer
Dom and Tom
Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product development agency focused on emerging technologies. From startups to enterprise solutions the apps we produce for our clients support their strategic initiatives first and foremost through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, and cross-platform development for both web and mobile. Dom & Tom has launched 400+ web projects and 120 native mobile applications with teams located in New York and Chicago.
Founded in 2009 by twin brothers, Dom & Tom, Inc. launched as a small shop and have continued to expand year after year. Currently, we have offices in New York and Chicago. As a growing company, we continually look for talented, versatile self-starters who build relationships, lead teams and consult clients on digital strategy initiatives. Our motto is DO GOOD. BE GOOD. and we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver and in our Company culture which values ethical behavior and respect of our fellow employees.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to place at our client's team — a major financial services company. Responsibilities include creating and/or maintaining a visual design language across products within the organization. This includes defining product specifications, creating digital UI designs and assets, working within or creating design systems, prototyping and designing fully-functional products in collaboration with a UX or Product Lead.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our client's users.
Must submit a portfolio to be considered and make sure it is linked in your resume. Also, if there are password protected portions of your portfolio, please provide the password upon submission of your application.
Skills and Characteristics
- Degree in Design and minimum of 5 years digital product design experience OR equivalent relevant experience
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Strong background in visual design and designing products at scale
- Ability to craft graphic elements, assets and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems using best practices
- Should be familiar with HCI, UCD methodologies, design cycles, and usability best practices for desktop and mobile/tablet
- Ability to produce brand standards, style guides and design systems for creating interactive, user-centric products
- Ability to generate low and high fidelity prototypes
- Experience creating brand systems including logos is a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience creating a design system is a plus
- Experience in fintech is a plus
Design Software experience:
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Proficiency with any prototyping software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, Marvel, Principle, etc.