We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Pond5, the world’s most accessible marketplace of media assets video creators need to tell stories, share knowledge, and inspire audiences. If you want to be a part of a team that is responsible for creating the most intuitive, delightful onsite user experiences in the industry, we want to hear from you. Together, we’ll develop creative solutions to complex challenges and empower the people around us to do their best work.
In this role, you’ll be reporting to Pond5’s Director of User Experience/Design. To apply, please submit a link to your portfolio site and resume, along with a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the role and Pond5.
This role is listed as NYC but the location is flexible as we are operating in a hybrid work environment. Please note, we will only review candidates that include a link to a portfolio site. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Utilize UX research methods, such as usability testing, surveys, and customer interviews to assess the user experience and design
- Use and evolve our design system in order to design user flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your designs to accurately convey project plans to stakeholders
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate your design rationale
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high-quality and performant
- Learn about the stock media industry, our customers and contributor community, while empathizing with user needs
- Contribute to building a quantitative and data-based decision-making culture
- Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing across all platformsProficient with industry standard design tools (Adobe Applications, Sketch, Jira, Invision)
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- You're highly creative, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- International team of 160 awesome people
- Competitive compensation and benefits- medical, dental, generous 401(k), and beyond
- Equipment needed for work
- Discounted content
- Part of Wealthront's list of career-launching companies!
- Part of BuiltinNYC's Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work!
- A fun team and fast paced environment
Pond5 is the world’s largest, most vibrant video-first content marketplace, providing filmmakers, creators, and producers of all kinds with the content, inspiration, and tools they need to improve their projects. As the only content marketplace that meaningfully shares licensing revenue with its contributing artists, Pond5 is driven by a commitment to its passionate and growing global community of more than 55,000 professional visual and audio creators, providing a platform where their creative work can flourish, and helping them to make a sustainable living. With groundbreaking features like visual search for video and integrations into all major video-editing software, Pond5 is innovating daily, making it easier to find and use the content that creatives need to bring their vision to life. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices in New York, Dublin, Prague, and London.