Digital Product Designer
Who We Are
Maisonette was founded by two moms in 2017 with the goal of helping modern families navigate the adventure of raising the next generation. We are an expertly-curated baby and kids' marketplace featuring the best products from around the globe: stylish clothing, top toys and gear, and home décor – plus, trusted guidance and inspiration.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed start-up with a unique positioning in the kid's market. We believe what you consume for your kids matters. So whether you’re looking for the safest car seat, the latest STEM toy, or tips on how to sleep train, we’re here for you… like family.
“When Luisana and I started Maisonette, our goal was to make it easier to find high quality products for our kids, so we could spend less time scrolling, and more time on the good stuff. But today, our mission goes well beyond the product itself; it’s a commitment to family. To empowering parents to make the best decisions for their families. And to bringing a little bit of magic into family life every day.” – Sylvana Durrett, CEO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We look forward to interest in our roles from all walks of life. Please see our diversity report for more information.
What We Need
We are looking for a Digital Product Designer who will be involved in the end-to-end product design process across a broad array of customer, vendor, and internal facing products. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to shepherd product features from idea to implementable design. As the first Digital Product Designer, you will play a key part in building up Maisonette’s design fluency.
In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers to produce UX artifacts, such as wireframes and clickable prototypes, to give form to features. You will also be responsible for producing production ready UI designs and working with Engineers to ensure they can be implemented.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product partners to transform feature requirements into wireframes
- Produce beautiful and functional UI designs that leverage Maisonette’s strong branding
- Create prototypes to clearly communicate interactions within designs
- Contribute design support for testing, research, and experiments
- Work closely with engineers to ensure designs can be implemented
- Present and socialize design solutions with your team and within the org
- Have a strong understanding of the principles of design and usability, and can exhibit this understanding in previous work
- Experience designing UX and UI artifacts, such as wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes
- Can work with engineers to produce designs that can be implemented, as well as prepare those designs and assets for production
- Are comfortable working with modern product design tools (ex: Figma, Sketch) and component-based workflow
- Experience testing designs with users is a nice to have
- Experience designing with and maintaining design systems/large component libraries is a nice to have
- Familiarity with front-end development is a big plus.