Remio is creating a VR platform where communities and business teams can gather, collaborate, and play.
Here is what they say about the role:
We envision a future where AR and VR headsets replace the need for computer screens. With Remio, like-minded individuals, from anywhere in the world, will be able to hang out, work, and play as if they are in the same room. We already serve notable clients such as Google, Netflix, Robinhood, and Facebook, and we need help serving the increased demand.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of creating, updating, testing, and maintaining 3D models, textures, materials, and sounds to build cohesive and immersive VR environments for multiple hardware and software platforms using Unity game engine. You will have the opportunity, responsibility, and freedom to lead your own projects and feature implementations.
What you will do:
- Work on the creation and maintenance of the 3D models and textures
- Sketch the interface of the product using 3D computer graphics applications (e.g. Blender
- and Maya)
- Manage post-processing optimization
- Handle and prototype GUIs in Unity
What makes you a good fit:
- 2+ years of experience involving 3D art or game design or AR/VR or similar
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work remotely, manage time effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced startup culture
- Experience with optimization (ideally AR/VR)
- Experience with creating, working with and optimizing shaders
- Ability to quickly prototype custom animations (e.g. Menu button interactions)
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Experience with unreal engine
- Experience working with startups
- Ability to do optimization for mobile devices
The Remio design bundle:
- UI/GUI Animations
- Post Processing
- 3D environments
- To be eligible to apply for this position through Startuplifers you must be currently studying towards a degree or have graduated from a Finnish or a Swedish university or university of applied sciences.
Send your applications by October 8th, 2021. We'll be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Startuplifers is a non-profit organization connecting the top Nordic talent with some of the best startups on the globe. We provide you a supportive community, making your transition to remote work seamless and fun. Together we will secure the job of your dreams.