UX Researcher (f/m/d)
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a User Experience Researcher at Bitpanda, you’ll help our UX, Product management, Development, Growth and Business Intelligence teams understand our customers’ needs. You will be fundamental in helping find strategic solutions by designing, performing and analysing primary research, such as in-depth interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, surveys, usability testing and log analyses.
You will work with cross-functional teams and have an impact at all stages of the product development.
What you'll do
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyse user behaviour through in-depth interviews, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Assist the team of Designers, Product Managers, Developers and Marketers to prioritise research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Translate findings into relevant and actionable insights for all relevant stakeholders
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations
- Implement strategic initiatives that improve our UX research’s maturity
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology or a related field and/or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with research design utilising various methods including but not limited to usability studies, in-depth interviews and surveys
- 5 years of relevant work experience within the field(s) of user experience, human-computer interaction, applied research setting and/or product research and development
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Strong understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Excellent English (German would be a plus) communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen interest in the future of investing
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.