UX Research Associate
Title: UX Research Associate (UX Design & Research)
Duration: 12-month contract with an est end-date of September 30th, 2022
Pay Rate: $55+/hr
Work Location: Mountain View, US (remote to start)
Hours: 40 hours
Job Title: Quantitative User Experience Researcher, Ads Privacy & Safety (APaS)
Summary of Role:
The Ads Privacy & Safety (APaS) UX Research team is part of the larger initiative to understand people’s trust and privacy concerns with ads across the world. Improved user trust is one of the top priorities for both the Ads organization and our company. We help users across the globe understand and control their ad experiences along with improving user, advertiser, and publisher trust. With both a foundational and product-focused lens, we inform company strategy and product development through rigorous mixed methods research. Our team is looking for a talented Quantitative UX Researcher to join us in this challenging space!
As a Quantitative UX Researcher, you combine skills in experimental design, statistical analysis, programming and human-computer interaction to improve the user experience. You solve challenging problems and empower the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. Coming up with solutions is only one part of your job. Equally important is to identify and quantify problems, and to embark on new research areas worth exploring through innovative methods. You apply principles of rigorous and ethical research to build and improve products that satisfy users' needs and exceed their expectations.
– Support existing research initiatives, prioritize and drive research to quantify and improve the advertiser user experience.
– Support product development and design and provide confidence in decision making through thorough quantitative insights
– Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers.
– Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research.
– Develop code and statistical models to understand user experience.
– Drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company. Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
– Facilitate high research impact through data visualization and novel research communication methods.
– Mastery of R or Python
– MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field.
– 3 years of relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams.
– Expertise in experimental research design.
– Expertise in multivariate statistics.
– Expertise in data visualization techniques and tools.
– Expertise in the design, implementation, and analysis of large-scale surveys.
– Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
– Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field.
– Track record of communicating with cross-functional stakeholders of varying levels.
– Experience programming surveys in Qualtrics
Nice to Have Requirements:
– Fluency in SQL
– Practical experience in research communication to technical and non-technical audiences.
– Prior experience of working on enterprise products is a plus.
– Prior experience of working in the advertising industry is a plus.