Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Who are we?
Popcore creates beautiful, oddly satisfying long life hyper-casual games, like our number 1 game Parking Jam! We have been listed in the Top 10 hottest Berlin startups & Top 100 European startups by wired.com. Based from our Berlin HQ, our teams have developed and released chart-topping games that have been downloaded more than 400 million times across iOS and Android, including 5+ Top 10 hit games.
Proudly backed by EQT Ventures, Makers Fund and David Helgason, we are going through an exciting time of expansion. We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer, who will be responsible for helping shape the user experience. You will be a key player in determining how these experiences look, feel and perform, working always as an advocate for our players.
What you will do:
- Create functional UI/UX layouts and templates for our games
- Provide relevant text and tooltips for the UI elements
- Offer support and expertise to in-house artists
- Conduct research and create reference materials, to provide a foundation for feature design and development
- Design detailed user flows for game features and functionality
- Create wireframe mockups and interactive prototypes to evaluate interface and flow designs
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups and game-ready assets for interface designs and elements
- Support the implementation of interfaces and assets to achieve outstanding visual quality and user experience
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience creating user interfaces and artwork for video games or mobile applications
- A rounded portfolio demonstrating a solid appreciation of UI/UX design - please include links to your work
- Strong visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography 3D knowledge or experience is a big plus!
- A fast learner with an analytical mind
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows
- Proficiency in Figma (preferable) and or Adobe XD, Sketch App Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge and grow your UI/UX skill set
- Passion for the user journey within gaming and mobile games
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Why you will love Popcore:
- A spirited, inspiring, international and enthusiastic team
- Hybrid working model
- Complete ownership of tasks and freedom in choosing the path to reach your goals
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours
- We have a work culture where employees are actively encouraged to give feedback to each other on a regular basis
- A team that is entrepreneurial in spirit, knowledgeable, and funAn opportunity to be a part of a company that’s renouncing traditional ideas and taking a new approach that’s shattering pay walls
- Perks: 27 days annual leave, gym membership scheme, comprehensive bonus scheme, stock options, company pension and health insurance, full visa support, relocation service including coverage of your first month rent in Berlin, reimbursement of your BVG ticket (reimbursement of an e-scooter or bike rental in the times of COVID), free daily lunch including onsite snacks
If this sounds like it ticks all your boxes, stop reading and apply now!
Please don't worry if you don't have an up to date resume just send it along and one of our talent team will be in touch.