Over the last two decades, we’ve witnessed the emergence of sales-tech, mar-tech, data science, dev tools, and even HR-tech. We are now in the beginning of the era of the CFO. We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us!
Cube's vision is to be THE System of Intelligence & Engagement for the CFO and finance teams to deliver faster, smarter strategic insights to drive the business forward. Cube is a CFO-founded and venture-backed company with $20M in funding with a recently closed round led by Mayfield.
The CFO’s most strategic function, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), is a mission-critical role, yet nearly 90% of companies still manage their financial outlook and analysis in standalone spreadsheets. Cube addresses this challenge by pioneering a new approach to FP&A technology that combines the power and performance of enterprise cloud software with the flexibility and familiarity of the spreadsheet.
Cube connects the entire finance tech stack, including Excel and Google Sheets, into a cloud-based FP&A platform, enabling teams to get started in just days (not months), with no large-scale change management or training. Companies can plan more, report faster, and analyze smarter - in just a fraction of the time.
About the role
Cube is looking for a Product Designer to join our Product team! The Product Designer is a key role on the Product team at Cube, and we’re looking for someone who will proactively collaborate across the organization to improve Cube’s products.
The Product Designer will own the design process from conception through completion, including working with Product Managers to gather requirements and understand a problem at hand, conducting user research and usability testing, and creating high-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and user flows for hand-off to engineering teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain Cube’s design system and make updates as appropriate.
- Understand users’ needs, tasks, and goald, and translate them into designs. Conduct research to determine those needs, tasks, and goals, and execute appropriate UX artifacts (wireframes, user flows, journey maps, etc.).
- Own the design process for new features and improvements across the web app and add-on
- Usability test features with internal FP&A experts and with customers.
- Present designs to stakeholders in clear and concise ways.
Who you are
- Gets to the heart of the problem by asking questions
- Backs design decisions with sound logic, research, and best practices.
- Wants to get inside users’ heads and understand how they’re using our product
- Iterates on designs to find the best solution to a problem (no “one-and-done” mindset)
- Proactively communicates with other members of the Cube team to arrange testing, ask questions, review designs, etc.
- Knows when to be pixel perfect versus looser with designs
Why you’ll love it here!
We provide an equitable path for career growth with a well-defined skills matrix that supports both individual contributor and management paths. We promote work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation and supportive mentorship.
- We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off that day to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
- Choose your own equipment setup
- Unlimited vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan - you're eligible for immediately and can start contributing right away
- The opportunity to be part of an earlier stage high-growth company and be a part of a team of caring folks located around the US and in Canada
You are welcome at our table!
We listed a lot of items above. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply if you don’t have experience with all of them. Your unique experience and perspective will be valued on our team, so please apply if you’re interested!
Cube Software is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. We appreciate diverse skill sets and critical thinking skills to build the best experiences for our clients. Cube is happy to provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.