Senior UX Designer
Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer at The Block, you will be responsible for defining a highly engaging and accessible user journey across The Block’s products. You will have a deep understanding of key metrics related to user-centered design principles, be an advocate for our users, and seamlessly craft wireframes and journeys that facilitate their needs for our products.
You will report to the Head of Design and also work closely with our Brand Design team to optimize and evolve the look and feel of all of our products while maintaining brand consistency. You will also work with our Engineering team to ensure that proposed designs are also practically feasible in technical execution.
- Map user-journeys for The Block’s products
- Craft the user experience of The Block’s products through wireframes
- Execute user surveys and analyze feedback data to make UX decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other departments
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define design specifications and requirements
- Use iterative design processes to support an agile workflow
- Be creative in solving problems
- Work with team managers on creative prioritization and career development opportunities
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example
- Experience using wire framing tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision or similar)
- Ability to carry out work from concept to production
- Intuitive understanding of core user experience principles
- Familiarity with user interface design
- Experience in working collaboratively
- Responds well to feedback and critiques
Good to Have
- A strong portfolio of previous UX design work explaining your contributions
- Strong background or education in UX Design
- Experience working on user interface design
- Experience in product strategy and product thinking
- Interest in digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies