Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
To solve a completely unique set of complex problems, we are building a strong product and technology team, and a wonderful workplace for great people. As part of that, we give a handful of students a unique opportunity to join our tailored summer program for students in design, technology and data science. Are you one of them?
To be successful, we believe you:
- Have a portfolio of projects that demonstrates experience with user-centered design methodologies, including need-finding, user insights driving concepts, and iterative design with usability testing.
- Have an interest and training in designing digital services (services built on software).
- Talent with facilitating collaboration with cross-functional teams, and wants to learn to work on cross-functional teams with developers and data analysts.
- Have talent with UI design and understanding of the basic properties of web and mobile technologies.
- Have good knowledge of service, interaction and/or digital visual design skillsets.
- Proficiency in Miro and Figma (our design tools of choice).
- Preferably are completing their masters degree in 2023.
- Would be eligible for full-time work by September 2023.
- Fluent in English. Ability to speak and understand Norwegian is a plus.
The Summer Internship:
- Cross-functional team: We believe that product and technology development works at its best in cross functional teams with a high level of autonomy. We like to work across functions to better understand which problems to solve and to create great results with actual impact. That is why our summer interns work in teams with engineers, data scientists and designers, typically with 3-4 students on each team.
- Real projects: We live and breathe to make sure that what we build actually makes a difference. That is why our summer students will take on important challenges with the goal to have made actual real products by the end of the summer.
- Mentorship and learning: Through concrete work in a cross-functional team on real projects that will make an impact, we will provide relevant and valuable experience, technically and professionally. We offer experienced coaches within design, engineering and data science, so that both you and we are left with important learning.
You can read more about our platform and technology team at Oda/tech.
What you can expect to experience from a summer with us:
- We have total control of our design and technology; from our app and touch points, all the way to the systems used in our Fulfilment Center, distribution, picking and purchasing. You will get to spend at least one day getting to know all parts of our value chain to see what goes on in each step; from incoming and picking to delivery and customer service.
- You will get a peek into what our product & technology teams are working with and an unique insight into our company strategy right now, and in the future 🚀
- We have several social events happening throughout the summer. We kick off the internship with a proper party, and there will be many opportunities to experience how wonderful Oslo is during the summer 🌞
- You will get the chance to present your work at the end of summer and in mid-term demos where you will get feedback from experienced designers, engineers and data scientists. Throughout the summer we have team-meetings and sharing sessions to our expand learning and share valuable tips and tricks.
- You will get your own desk, chair, Mac and other equipment you might need in our modern offices in Nydalen, overlooking Akerselva and Oslofjorden. 🌞
- Join the Oda team for lunch and get to know our great colleagues across disciplines. We believe good lunch is good business! 😋
Time and place:
The summer internship will be from 13.06.2022 to 06.08.2022, with the possibility to have one week holiday in July. We are located in modern offices in Nydalen, Oslo.
Please make sure to submit your application by 15.10.2021.
The summer internship 2022 will consist of a total of 8 people; 4 Software Engineers, 2 Data Scientists and 2 UX Designers.
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us!
If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!