Director of UX Research
At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo is looking for a Director of UX Research to lead the research team within our product organization, helping to create a world-class experience for our customers. You and your team will be responsible for designing and conducting research and analysis that allows us to better understand our customers issues, behaviors and needs that lead to actionable product recommendations. You will play a leading role in mentoring, and expanding the research team, practice, and strategy at Neo Financial.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the research team, providing leadership, mentorship, feedback, and hands-on support.
- Create research plans and studies that encompass both user and market research leveraging qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Act as a thought partner with senior leaders, product managers, and product designers; ensuring that findings from research are incorporated into product decision making from concept to final delivery.
- Provide input into the overall company strategy and product roadmap to drive innovation and improvement in Neo's user experience based on insights and findings from research studies.
- Drive usability and service design-focused product development at all stages, by identifying issues, shaping concepts, and guiding product maturation.
- Elevate the research practice at Neo by staying up to date and implementing emerging research techniques and tools
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in leading UX research teams, guiding & coaching on career direction, development, growth and performance.
- A minimum of 5 years of UX Research experience, with a preference in working within financial services and/or digital consumer products.
- Deep understanding of the user experience research process and best practices, and proven ability to define and improve a team’s research practices.
- Extensive experience collaborating with senior leadership, product management and product design.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, other social sciences or equal experience of transferable skills
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.