Signal Advisors helps independent financial advisors grow their business in various ways, through technology, financing, peer-to-peer coaching, marketing, and much more. We have become the country's fastest-growing annuity distributor since emerging from stealth mode in the Fall of 2020.
At Signal Advisors, our team is 'obsessed with finding a better way' in everything we do. Whether we're building world-class software or delivering expert analysis on complex insurance strategies, it's our people that make the difference. If you like to think differently and are excited about driving broad impact in a vast sector like financial services, come join our entrepreneurial and optimistic team!
About this Role
Signal Advisors is adding to our team of passionate people who are reinventing the way financial advisors do business. We are hiring a UX Researcher to help lead us in our mission to build user-centered products that our customers actually want and need.
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team and help lead our UX efforts and define the future of our platform. You will reveal what our advisors need from our platform by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams as well as users, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change by delivering oral and written presentations, gathering and evaluating data, and helping the team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Identify research topics, implement user research strategies and methodologies, and facilitate usability studies and discussions
- Take ownership of the platform and look to continuously advocate for our users to create a best-in-class platform experience
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and designers to ensure implementation of a best in class UX
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define new features and contribute to the overall direction of the platform
- Assist in building and evolving our design system in order to create user flows and prototypes
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes and systems
- Help with establishing a strong design-first culture within the company
- 2-5 years of UX research experience
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate research results to and make actionable deductions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with Product Managers and different stakeholders to develop the strategy and rationale for features based on data
- Experience with remote testing tools, conducting heuristic evaluations, and leading user interviews
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an iterative agile environment
- Experience wireframing and prototyping in Figma