Spirit to Win
Would you like to be a part of the team defining the future of education while keeping pace with the constant evolution of the digital landscape? Come join our AI driven adaptive learning platform, aleks.com, and thrive alongside a talented team of UX designers and develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
As a UX Designer, you will be coordinating with other designers and stakeholders to provide innovative, creative solutions aligned with business goals that will enhance the usability of instructor’s experience and increase student learning efficiency and engagement. You will build interactive Axure prototypes to test various hypotheses and work with your team to deliver world class designs on time and quality.
Start your Journey!
· Learn about ALEKS products, understand the original intent of the design.
· Learn about our users and their goals, challenges, and current behavior.
· Learn the UX development process, methods and tools.
· Understand who the team players are and their role; build trust with them.
· Showcase your design strengths through specific projects.
· Deliver projects on time and quality.
What can you expect from the position?
· Develops low and high-fidelity wireframes, clickable prototypes, site maps, and design documentation that incorporate all technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project.
· Documents use cases, user flows, experience maps, prototypes, and storyboards to effectively communicate/implement/test concepts.
· Works with product development and stakeholders to define new products and features for ALEKS, as well as to improve existing ones; ensures products/features have the proper scope and usability to achieve business goals.
· Develops visual design layouts, assets, and documentation that are integrated with the overall UX design component library, style guide, and specifications; ensure consistent application across products and features.
· Works with User Research team to conduct user research, identifies unmet user needs; develops design solutions, and tests for usability throughout the process.
· Proficient in department design tools and processes.
What can you bring to the role?
· A keen interest in the future of education.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or related field preferred.
· A minimum 1-4 years of experience as UX Designer.
· Hands on developing visual and user interface design including exposure to typography, color, layout, digital or illustration abilities, Comfortable generating rough sketches and polished deliverable.
· Experience in creating low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes, site maps, and design documentation. Adept at tailoring the design to different audiences.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.