Overview of Position
ButterflyMX is building the future of smart property technology. We are focused on empowering properties to take full advantage of their building capabilities and experiences while unlocking convenience and delight for their residents. We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing team and help shape the vision for our products through thoughtful software and hardware solutions.
We have a “lift while you climb” mentality, and collaboration is a cornerstone of how we work and communicate. You will be responsible for leading research initiatives to better understand the various users, property types, and opportunities that impact our business. You will work with cross-functional teams and inspire change through data and effective communication. You will be a key resource in helping the company better understand what would make for a more intuitive, accessible, and seamless experience. This role will report to the Director of Design.
New York City, NY or Remote
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a strategic research partner to Design, Product, Data and other teams
- Act as primary contact for our product research needs, from large generative projects to evaluative, tactical, and investigative quick wins
- Scope, plan, conduct, analyze and communicate insights from mixed-methods research, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, jobs to be done and other methods, as needed
- Transform stakeholder questions into actionable research plans
- Evangelize your insights across the company and influence product and strategy decisions, based on your work
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders on larger strategic research projects to define objectives, goals, timelines through execution
- Document research and outcomes into consumable formats that are easy to understand and well organized
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of user research experience, preferably in a lead role or main point of contact for a large product area with many stakeholders
- Experience collaborating and partnering strategically with Design, Product, and other partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Demonstrated history of conducting applied research within a product team and shipping products that have been shaped by their insights
- Ability to own and drive the research process end-to-end
- Experience with classic user research methods, including both generative and evaluative, skilled at selecting the right tool for the job
- Business mentality, with an eye on metrics and company strategy
- Ability to distill complex information and concepts into simple formats and sticky insights
- Can successfully manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships independently
- Ability to balance methodological rigor with scrappiness and creativity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Humble, curious, open, and approachable
- Have a good work ethic, a growth oriented mindset, and contribute to the culture of the team/company
ButterflyMX offers comprehensive medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, PTO, work life balance, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
ButterflyMX is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the US.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to let the recruiter you are working with know.