Apply for this job
xMatters, an Everbridge company, is a service reliability platform that helps DevOps, SREs, and operations teams rapidly deliver products at scale by automating workflows and ensuring infrastructure and applications are always working. Our code-free workflow builder, adaptive approach to incident management, and real-time performance analytics all support a single goal: deliver customer happiness. Over 2.7 million users trust xMatters daily at successful startups and global giants including 3M, Accenture, athenahealth, Box, Credit Suisse, Danske Bank, Experian, HSBC, NVIDIA, Pepsico, Tesco, ViaSat and Vodafone.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer of our growing team, you’ll collaborate closely with our amazing engineers, product managers, product communicators, marketing gurus, fellow UX wizards, and other stakeholders to design and shape our world-class platform. As a user advocate you are passionate about ideating and creating experiences by gathering knowledge through research, applying design thinking principles, wireframing and prototyping, negotiating and collaborating with engineering, and creating beautiful interfaces that are enjoyable to use. If you have the technical skills, experience, and personality to design elegant solutions to complex UI/UX challenges, we want to hear from you.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define information architecture, wireframes and mockups that adhere to UX best practices
- Conduct user research and testing to guide design decisions and user flows
- Work closely with engineers to push the limits of existing web technology and UX
- Present design ideas to clients, stakeholders, and peers for review, working within an iterative design process
- Advocate for UX throughout the organization and act as a steward for user research and design thinking
- Show the value of UX through measurable metrics (analytics, conversions, customer satisfaction, and so on)
- Create and maintain UI design systems for our web and mobile apps
- Mentor and support a dynamic, growing design team
What You'll Bring:
- Degree or diploma in a UI/UX/design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design for digital products
- Ability to distill complex problems and workflows down into simple, intuitive designs
- Strong foundation in Visual Design practices including knowledge of composition, color theory and typography
- Experience executing a wide variety of UX research methods and techniques
- Proven ability to write, analyze and present findings from usability tests – and then optimize designs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate design rationale and user needs alongside technical constraints
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and interpreting feedback to design iteratively
- Strong proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Stand-out portfolio of previous product design work with write-ups of your design process and problem-solving skills
- Enterprise UX experience
- SaaS product experience
- Scrumban/Kanban experience
- Project Management experience
- Product Design experience
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.