Our Ways of Working:
We believe that we do our best work when we are together, but also appreciate that everyone works in different ways. That’s why we operate with three working models which look to define where and how our people work - Remote, Hybrid, Site/Office - based.
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
Moonpig Group recently achieved ‘Unicorn’ status in one of the biggest tech IPOs of 2021, making the FTSE 250 index of leading companies listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap of £1.5 billion.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We are an international group made up of two brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we are an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with great values that we reflect in our work culture. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
You’ll be joining the Data Insights as part of the Research & Analytics function, specialising in Marketing and Commercial research.
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of a Research team of five, you will lead on all briefs outside of the Product & Design team. Your home will be Research & Analytics, reporting to the Research Manager but your place of work will be Marketing and Commercial (Cards & Gifts trading).
Your stakeholders could be the Director of Marketing, Head of Cards, Head of Gifts, or a Brand Manager and their needs will be both tactical and strategic. Although our environment is UX, you will also need to think about market behaviours, Product Reviews and Opportunity Assessments so you’ll think of yourself as a UX market researcher.
If it’s a brief from them you’ll handle it. Examples could be concept testing, packaging testing, awareness & usage of brands, customer drivers & barriers through to user experience of our products on site.
- Support the Research Manager to build a strong research proposition across the company, engage with functions to drive change through customer feedback
- Manage and prioritise your own backlog of briefs from marketing and commercial in line with company-wide roadmaps
- Lead on Marketing & Commercial briefs, turning commercial problems into research plans, undertaking the research, analysis and delivery of insights
- Use different data sources (qual, quant, trends, studies) to define & size user problems that impact the business
- Take on business as usual research and support the Research Manager with international strategic Moonpig Group projects
- Guide our Associate UX researcher to manage recruitment and when needed, supplier quotes
- Collaborate with UX researchers on research that impacts Product & Design
- Drive creative ways to collect, analyse & deliver customer behaviours that will inform strategic and tactical plans
- Act not only as a service to business requests but as an influencer in business focus, when unmet needs are identified and present an opportunity - stand up and shout about customer need with evidence to back you up!!
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- You understand the interplay between business requirements, marketing or commercial strategy and customer needs
- You have several years of experience leading research (ideally international), from the creation of a brief to the delivery of findings
- You are strong at designing engaging, unbiased surveys and qualitative guides
- You have experience running remote, asynchronous testing on a platform such as Usertesting (if not, then a diary study via e.g. Fieldnotes or Indeemo)
- You are comfortable moderating (individuals/groups - colleagues/respondents)
- Facilitating workshops (virtual or in-person) is becoming second nature
- You are strong at analysing qual & quant data (excel/SQL/SPSS etc) - bringing large sets of responses / different data sets together
- You’re comfortable taking the lead and love to be creative with developing new ways to deliver research in engaging ways
- You have an understanding of / experience with working in an agile environment - regardless, speed and quality is at the forefront of what you do
More about you:
- Hands-on and sees every new challenge as an opportunity to learn
- Loves working with people - colleagues or customers, they all deserve the very best of you at work
- Highly organised - sets a goal, plans the time and gets the job done
- Quick on their feet and great at problem-solving in the world of research
- Well versed in GDPR and market research codes of ethics
- Ideally experienced in mentoring and sharing research best practice
- Ideally, you have an understanding of / experience with UX research and can conduct usability testing - we welcome researchers making the switch to UX
Want to hear more?
Take a look at our Moonpig Attraction Deck where you can hear more about our awesome perks and benefits as well as a culture to boot.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value diversity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.