Intelex is looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Researcher to join our UX team. This is a permanent, full-time position. The successful candidate will be working with a collaborative team of designers, product managers and developers, reporting to the Manager of the User Experience team.
The most important characteristic of our UX Researcher is your attitude. We want you to join because you are passionate about ensuring that our customer’s stories are a fundamental part of all product development.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Planning, designing, and conducting the usability testing process from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
- Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps.
- Working with product managers as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality material.
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Applying knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
- Presenting findings and related design & business recommendations and customer insights to the senior decision makers.
- Promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organization.
- Reports to the Manager, User Experience
Skills & Work Traits
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams and build relationships across the organization to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience working with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to influence, drive impact and implement change.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict.
- Experience conducting user interviews, developing and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX artefacts.
- Experience managing, planning, and designing user research activities.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with UX prototyping tools like Invision, Balsamic, Sketch, etc. an asset.
- 3+ year of experience planning and conducting primary UX research in a software company or digital design agency.
- Experience with promoting user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
Degree or diploma in a UI/UX design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com