Promptworks builds ingenious software that lasts for innovative companies with big ideas.
We bring deep product development & software engineering expertise, human-centric design thinking, and transparent processes to the table to solve hard problems for companies as small as early-stage startups and as large as Fortune 50 corporations. Our clients spread across many different industries: green energy, healthcare, education, telecommunications, finance, and retail to name a few.
We are looking for people to join our team who value the same things we do: doing outstanding work, continuously growing ourselves as practitioners, maintaining work-life balance, and supporting the communities in which we work, live and learn.
At Promptworks we are looking for talented designers to play a key role in raising the level of excellence in product design. We’re looking for people who are driven to create things that are both beautiful and useful, who take pride in using ingenuity to solve problems, and who prefer a working style of iteration and collaboration.
As a Product Designer, you will articulate the value of design, use strategy and aesthetics to lift products to greater levels of usefulness and satisfaction. You will solve design challenges in order to support user tasks and add delight to the products we make.
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people.
This is a full time position with remote and on-site flexibility. Working days are Monday through Friday, with standard (9-5), but highly flexible, working hours.
Our office is located in Center City, Philadelphia.
About the ideal candidate
You love design and all the possibilities great design affords. You strive to do your best work. You enjoy working directly with clients and their customers to help understand what their product needs to do and are fulfilled when you can help make that happen. You are excited to see people using a product you designed, and are thrilled when they choose to use your product over someone else’s.
Candidates for this role should have 6-10 years of experience doing discovery and interface design for interactive products, preferably mobile applications. Candidates will have portfolios and work samples that demonstrate strong conceptual thinking and the skill to execute delivery. The ideal candidate has leadership skills and experience that will enable them to hit the ground running and work independently.
- Working with clients and their customers to understand their challenges and goals
- Leading product discovery activities, which may include user research, user needs analysis, and usability testing
- Identifying user goals, tasks, and needs
- Designing user journeys, app flows, wireframes, and graphical user interfaces that support both business and user needs
- Collaborating with engineers, project managers, and product owners to identify and prioritize product features
- Developing information architectures and interfaces to support those features
- Presenting design rationale to clients, interpreting client feedback and translating into improvements and revisions
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Working collaboratively on an independent product team
- Developing complex concepts, and translating them into simple, memorable ideas that clients and teammates can understand
- Creating consistently compelling visuals that support user needs, deliver information, and elevate design
- Using Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, and/or related design and prototyping tools (Figma is preferable)
- Using Miro, Mural, or other whiteboard tools for collaborative brainstorming and concept delivery (Miro is preferable)
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Graphic design, illustration, typography and iconography
- Knowledge of accessibility and universal design standards
- Consulting on the value of design and the design process
- Familiarity with modern software engineering principles and practices
- Working in an Agile methodology
- Competitive salary + annual bonus/profit-sharing
- Dedicated work hours for professional development and annual stipend
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- 100% medical coverage (plus options for spouse and family)
- 5 weeks paid time off
- 3 months paid parental leave
- 9 paid company holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid bereavement
- FSA and commuter benefits
Principals only. No recruiters, please.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Promptworks is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, and veteran status.