Apply for this job
A Product Designer at Mango will need to create innovative, simple, and scalable user-interface solutions to complex language learning problems. When creating solutions to any number of challenges, you will need to effectively explain your solution to stakeholders in multiple departments. You have experience working on both UX and UI design and are familiar with creating apps for iOS, Android, and the Web. Testing with real users is an important aspect of this position. A Product Designer at Mango creates excellent work while maintaining a humble attitude, accepting honest feedback from people inside and outside the company.
At Mango Languages we are a team of talented individuals passionate about transforming the language-learning space by building tools that will help people in classrooms, organizations, and households around the world learn a new language. We are looking for a Product Designer to be on the front lines of developing these new features and tools, to help us transform the world through language and culture.
- Working every day on designs and prototypes for features of the Mango Languages app on iOS, Android, and the Web.
- Your designs should ship quickly with high quality.
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for new or proposed features.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation using thorough production-ready designs.
- Seeking out long-term opportunities to improve features of the product.
- Responding to user feedback with well-thought-out solutions.
- Staying in close communication with your team and effectively communicate your design work and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- 5 + years working as a professional designer.
- Experience working as a User Interface Designer at a digital product-focused organization creating apps for iOS, Android, and the Web.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create world-class Product Design for iOS, Android, and Web applications.
- Excellent visual design skills showcasing intimate knowledge of color theory, typography, and layout.
- Experience designing in Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio, or Adobe XD.
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills with a real passion for design
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Ability to express ideas through prototyping and flow diagrams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrates creativity as well as practicality
- You have experience designing UX flows
- You have experience working with accessibility standards (ADA compliance, WCAG, etc.)
- You have experience working with Design Components
- You can speak more than one language
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.