Apply for this job
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 900 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We’re seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to join our product team, developers and designers in building our Data Science Platform. This role requires leadership in user research, experience design, usability and interaction design. The UX Designer will work closely with Product and Development teams based in Europe to understand business requirements, gather the best possible research, and create and promote standard and good practices for crafting our platform and features for our users. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
The Dataiku Data Science Platform ambition is to be the most ergonomic Data Science platform that address from citizen data science needs to full custom advanced analytics. At Dataiku, you will work with a unique team of Data Scientists, Developers, UX Designers, UX researchers and Product Managers. As part of this group, you will have the chance to view the full scope of what it takes to create a Professional Software that is both friendly and powerful.
What you'll do:
- Design, run and analyze concept validation studies with a sample of users
- Research consumer behaviors and expectations
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations of findings and recommendations for improvements to stakeholders at all levels
- Translate UX recommendations and data-driven decisions for feature/function concepts into visual designs such as wireframes and prototypes
- Create and test wireframes, user flows, low-fidelity prototypes
- Negotiate requirements and designs with product managers, designers, and developers
- Build and maintain style guides, and support teams during the development cycle.
- Participate to the definition of our in-house design language to provide a unified set of UX and design rules
- Research and stay current with trends in UX, design.
You are a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in design-related software (e.g., Figma, Miro, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc).
- At least?10 years?of relevant UX design experience
- Ability to communicate decision points and metrics in an articulate, actionable manner for technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Thorough understanding of design approaches, technologies, and tools (including journey maps, wireframes/click-throughs, dynamic prototypes, user flows, etc.)
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction/service/innovation by design work.
It's a plus if you have:
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field with 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with Professional Software development environments.
- Experience in Data or Statistical modeling is a big plus :-)
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries. Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.