Senior UX Researcher
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Who are we?
Hello. We're Prismic. We're a SaaS product aimed at meeting the needs of both individual developers and large enterprise websites, so our research team gets to speak with a wide variety of profiles.
In a nutshell, we're a CMS – like WordPress, but different – although that's a massive oversimplification. With Prismic, developers and designers are free to use their preferred technologies to build websites and content creators and marketers are able to independently add and edit content.
Now, just from reading that you will probably understand that this means that we serve a wide array of different profiles and needs — that's why our User Research team is so central to what we do.
And that's where you come in...to help us continue to evolve into a company where every design, product, and business decision is user-centric, making your work extremely important and strategic.
There are over 2 billion websites on the internet and by the time you have finished reading this there will be thousands of new sites, so we have to stay on top of all of the new technologies that our users will employ and the needs that come with them.
Although we have always seen ourselves as a community and user-first product, we have spent the last year investing more time, energy, and resources into the UX research within Prismic.
This is your chance to be on a team where your research will be used to make real, strategic decisions across the organization. You will make a tangible impact with the work you do.
What you'll do
- Lead simultaneous large-scale mixed-method projects from start to finish across a wide range of research methods. Including quantifying qualitative research through surveys or using product analytics to drive qualitative studies.
- Identify UX problems and questions within your projects teams and take action as needed to address them.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams (product, education, customer success, sales) to identify research required to resolve complex product and business questions.
- Work cross-departmentally to create a holistic user research roadmap that aligns with different departments' user research needs.
- Identify and lead large strategic and generative research projects that deliver impact to Prismic at a holistic level.
- Help put in place regular company-wide UXR presentations, to deliver insights to not just your product team but our entire organization.
- Collaborate with teams and turn research insights into real ideas through synthesis, running workshops, presentations, different mapping techniques, wireframes.
- Makes sure that research results have a demonstrable effect on product features/strategy/organization.
- Hold yourself and others accountable to our standards and good research practices in general and help us do better as a team.
- Work together with Lead UXR to build up our repository and improve our tagging taxonomy, especially as we continue to grow.
- Focus on contributing to scaling and optimizing research processes such as recruitment and scheduling as our research team and company continue to grow.
- If interested, mentor other user researchers, to move toward a managerial track.
You'll do great here if you:
- Have 5+ years of relevant professional user research experience.
- Have significant expertise conducting end-to-end mixed-methods research (generative, evaluative).
- Are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research, comfortable with analytics and metrics.
- Strong skills in facilitating strategic co-creation workshops.
- Strong skills in creating more advanced deliverables (ex: service blueprints, mental model maps).
- Comfortable in user research and design critiques.
- Work very closely with stakeholders and Lead UXR to plan ahead within a product roadmap so that research is proactive and strategic and aligned with product/business.
- Good understanding of how your research extends existing research & knowledge within the company.
- Can independently prioritize work in alignment with project team and UXR team goals.
- Are excellent communicator of the value and impact of the research.
- Are a mentor and a coach, you want to enable more junior UX researchers to deliver top-quality research.
- Can easily shift back and forth between startup scrappiness and methodological rigor.
- A learning and growth mindset: our team size and our process will evolve and change many times over the next few years.
- You have a fluent level of spoken and written English.
Why should you join UXR at Prismic?
- A meaningful job: Lot of support, appetite, and enthusiasm for research. The value of UX Research is already proved and broadly understood, all teams are keen to collaborate with you to improve their decision-making.
- Ownership of the core research process and the freedom to innovate and build upon it to improve it.
- A clear framework for growth and expectations within the role helping you to get to the next level
- Mentor wider profiles on research and give them the confidence to engage in research.
- Opportunity to research with an international user base.
- OKR methodology in Prismic and our team, so we can keep growing steadily.
Some of what we offer may depend on your location, so we will need to discuss that at a later date, but this should give you a general idea:
- Competitive salary and compensation plan, multiple benefits (Latest MacBook Pro, health insurance, meal vouchers, remote-friendly, internal events, yoga lessons 3 times a week)
- Work in an open-minded environment alongside a diverse and talented team on cutting-edge technology and challenging problems.
0?? CV submitted along with a brief description of yourself and why you'd like to work with us at Prismic. Add a link to your portfolio or anything showing your research case studies.
1?? Pre-qualification call with our talent acquisition
2?? Hiring Manager interview: UXR at Prismic, Fit, and skills
3?? Deep dive call: Present a case study followed by a live research plan challenge
4?? Meet with Sadek, our CEO to understand the vision. This is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have.