Senior Product Designer
Own Your Future at Flippa
We are the #1 marketplace to buy and sell online businesses and fresh from our Series A capital raise, we are expanding to help more small business owners find their pathway to exit. Our team is growing fast and we are looking for the very best to join Flippa across the globe.
Flippa’s mission is to give every business owner a pathway to exit. Flippa’s platform powers the trading of digital assets and online businesses; we invented the space and we are the market leaders. Our unique peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. We represent the new real estate - it’s digital real estate - and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class.
About the Opportunity
We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Product Designer to join the team at Flippa to deliver end-to-end UX/UI design for a range of initiatives that have a positive impact on Flippa’s marketplace.
Fresh from our $15M Series A capital raise led by OneVentures and supported by some of Australia’s best entrepreneurs we are accelerating our growth and scaling our platform.
We are seeking someone passionate about boosting Flippa’s growth objectives through user-centric, feedback-driven design and working with us to improve the customer experience for our two key customers; buyers and sellers.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join Flippa reporting into the Head of Product and be part of a cross-functional product, design and engineering team working to expand our presence. This position will be based at our Cremorne office in Melbourne.
As the Senior Product Designer at Flippa, you will get to -
- Work collaboratively with a team of Flippa’s product, design and developers to create fun, engaging, and practical experiences designed with the user in mind
- Wireframing & paper prototyping
- User interviews
- Flippa platform Interface
- Flexible, dynamic, responsive mobile interactions
- Dashboards, communications centers, and customer workflows
- User testing & feedback sessions
What you bring to the table -
- 5+ years of proven experience in digital design including an understanding of interface and interaction design principles as they relate to web sites, desktop and mobile, supported by a portfolio demonstrating these skills
- Work closely with product owners to facilitate workshops to define design concepts
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from product owners and developers
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice and support end-to-end product design through iterative development and delivery
- Ability to communicate clearly about design, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Design expertise with the willingness to follow direction, and exchange constructive critique with peers
- Technical skills including a firm understanding of common graphic design and web tools (we use Figma)
- Proven experience wire-framing, low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs
- Proven experience using WordPressExperience working with design systems, including contributing patterns and components
- Understanding of HTML and CSS will be considered highly beneficialIt would also be nice to have some experience with Illustration
Skills & Competencies to be successful -
- A creative mind to solve complex problems
- A strong work ethic
- Fast growth DNA
- Adaptable attitude who enjoys working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Attention to detail
- Have an interest in a start-up environment and interest in digital, online products and services
- The awareness for design and industry trends
- A positive attitude and desire to “go the extra mile” to achieve great things for Flippa
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity (We're a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
Pay & Benefits
Flippa is an awesome place for great professionals – you'll be working with smart colleagues, tackling challenging problems, and enjoying a competitive salary, and equity package so you can share in the growth of the company. We also offer a huge suite of perks and benefits including generous paid time off allocations (annual leave, study, volunteering, birthday, parental and preventative health), a new office in Cremorne kitted out with a La Marzocco espresso machine and a well-stocked kitchen, loads of social team meals and events and considerable budgets to spend on wellness and personal growth.
Check out what our team has to say about working at Flippa here.