Senior UI/UX Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
As more companies move key parts of their business to the cloud,?it's critical to ensure that data and information are secure.?Two functions that play a key role?are?developers and?security teams.?To date, innovation has been focused on development teams – who can now do more, faster. The security teams are not able to keep up?and that?creates?risk?for the organization.
The oak9 platform analyzes infrastructure-as-code and builds security into cloud native applications so they are secure and compliant by design.
We are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security.
We're looking for smart, motivated and talented individuals to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team to reshape the security landscape. We are growing fast and are looking for talented individuals to help in our mission.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious UI/UX Designer to join our team and ensure that our customers are thrilled with our platform. This role is right for someone who can lead product user experience from research and design to production. We’re a growing start-up, so it's important to our team that you are curious, nimble, and action-oriented. We’re building something new, and we need your expertise to help drive our design goals.
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with Product Owner, Engineering team and Marketing
- Web?user experience?design for desktop and tablet experiences
- Experience with crafting sketches, designing prototypes and creating high-fidelity UI for products and new features
- Experience with Figma, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator, Jira, Confluence, or similar technologies
- Interest in people management is a plus
In 30 days, you will...
- Get to know oak9! Learn about our systems, processes, people, and vision
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product team members
In 60 days, you will...
- Translate functional ideas and concepts into user flows, web page wireframes, mockups and high-fidelity prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Advocate for the user, new design trends, technologies, and methodologies
- Lead user persona research to improve product design
- Make human-centric design decisions to ensure ease of use of the product
In 90 days, you will...
- Facilitate design reviews
- Maintain and improve the design of oak9’s products, website, and other materials
- Grow your career with oak9!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan + company match
- Unlimited vacation policy (2-week minimum!)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
Wait! Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the stated “job qualifications”? Don’t let that be you and miss out on this opportunity! We want to encourage you to apply even if you may not think you are 100% of the way there right now. Don’t count yourself out! Give yourself a shot. We'll be in touch.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.