Apply for this job
HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
This role is a critical partner in contributing to the expansion of the User Experience practice at HomeX. The UX Designer works cross-functionally to demonstrate through first-hand practice and application, the indispensable importance of user-centered design thinking through various stages of the product development lifecycle. This role is responsible for contributing to the creation of a flawless experience across every point of engagement, both B2B and B2C. The UX Designer is part of an agile, dynamic team at a point of high growth, and will help to accelerate the current momentum. This role partners with teams across the organization to solve unique and complex user problems across web, mobile app, video conferencing and scheduling platforms. This role contributes to requirements gathering sessions, IA/sitemap development, user story creation, persona/archetype design, wireframing/prototyping, user research, moderating user-testing sessions (on-site and remote) and more. This is a role who is involved in near-term project-based work as well as having the opportunity to contribute to discussions regarding the strategic evolution and growth of design and design-thinking here at HomeX. Collaboration occurs across the org but is most frequently involving Product, Engineering and the immediate team. This is a position that develops, informs and evangelizes process and design ops throughout the org and across various project types and points of engagement. This role begins as an individual contributor with significant growth potential.
- Inject design into the product development lifecycle through every critical stage: ideation, concepting, feasibility, development, deployment, QA, analysis
- Sit in on formal usability testing sessions with internal stakeholders and direct customers
- Assist user research using personas, behavioral archetypes, site maps, user flows, user interviews, card sorting, hero journeys, competitive audits and market research
- Leverage industry knowledge of web and mobile design best practices to inform decision-making and elevation of the broader team, methodically raising the bar for the design practice at HomeX
- Leverage research, gather first-person insights and collaborate with Sr members of the team when building out wires and high-fidelity prototypes for review, stakeholder signoff and handoff to the development team
- Relentlessly advocate for elevating the user experience across all touchpoints, and in communicating the importance of user-centered design while actively demonstrating its benefit to the organization
- Excel in presenting designs and defending solutions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated to meaningfully contribute to the design direction at a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic organization
- Is a critical, confident and clear voice for UX and design-centered thinking within HomeX
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Is a confident presence when presenting, verbally defending and compromising on design solutions, embracing an agile, iterative approach to excellence when necessary
- Experience solutioning across devices, frameworks, platforms, responsive states, etc
- Has a deep-rooted ability to empathize with users
- Applies a keen business sense in understanding the balance between perfection and deployment obligations
- Proven experience solutioning across devices, frameworks, platforms, responsive states e
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology or design-related field
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with visual frameworks, pattern libraries and design systems
- Online portfolio is required with an emphasis on UX design
- Demonstrated mastery of design foundations; color, typography, layout
- Figma, Axure, Sketch, AfterEffects, Creative Suite, Zeplin, Storybook, InVision
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, JS, SASS, and Angular
Preference for candidate is in Chicagoland or the Greater Toronto area
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry? HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Check out our recent press, including TechCrunch's coverage of our $90M raise, here.
Why work with us? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, including permanent remote status, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs