Senior Product Designer
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Senior Product Designers are responsible for driving all aspects of the user-centered design process, creating meaningful and impactful experiences for our customers, satisfying business and user objectives, and contributing to PitchBook’s market success.
They use a full range of user research, concept ideation, product design, and cross-organizational collaboration skills to be a true advocate for our users. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices, strong business acumen, along with a nimble, pragmatic approach, and influential collaboration and communication skills.
They work closely with product management, data, engineering, and other teams across PitchBook to build experiences that enable our clients to easily turn PitchBook private and public market data into invaluable insights.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify high-impact business problems and define the strategy to solve them
- Transform strategy and vision into effective, value-led and elegant solutions
- Use strong systems thinking to enhance existing workflows and experiences for scalability
- Conduct user research and data analysis to understand user needs, behaviors and motivators that lead to engagement and realization of customer value
- Translate abstract concepts into simple, elegant and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, rapid prototypes and final design executions
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering team members to understand customers and markets, develop product strategies and detailed requirements and designs, and ensure successful release to market
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of your design solutions and identify strategies for enhancement and improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in your work and with your product teams. Seek and find new methods and practices that lead to greater impact and value
- Contribute to evolving design practices, tools, methods and the digital maturity of our organization. Mentor more junior designers and team members
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Design, Human-Centered Design, Psychology, or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in a Product Design / UX role, ideally in a large business or enterprise environment
- A portfolio of past work including concepts, ideation, flows, completed designs and final deliverables that demonstrate clear design thinking and craftsmanship
- Experience in leading large creative projects from start to finish, ensuring timely and impactful outcomes
- Strong demonstration of design thinking skills, use of modern design best practices and ability to create innovative and meaningful experiences that deliver user value and business results
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and support design decisions and how they add value to the product
- Strong analytical skills, use qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions
- Experience balancing multiple projects, organizing priorities and personal discipline
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for the work you lead and deliver
- Intellectual curiosity, structured thinking and a collaboration-driven interaction style
- Humility, enthusiasm and ability to build relationships, foster trust, and develop a shared understanding
- Passion and enthusiasm for your craft and aspiration to excellence
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.