Apply for this job
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring multi-platform design experiences for the world’s most advanced home gym. As a Senior UX Product Designer—Membership & Journey, you will be an integral member of a product team imagining, creating and optimizing the lifelong journey for Tonal customers and members. You will be responsible for bridging design research and UI product design–transforming insights to innovative member services, experiences and features that make our members stronger and more engaged. You will utilize your full range of analytical and creative approach to human-centered design, to deliver our mission: To amplify the strength that exists in everyone.
*All candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position
What You Will Do
- Envision and articulate the future of our members’ journeys–from purchase to onboarding to strength benchmarking and leveling
- Add clarity, definition and structure to complex member experiences, including goal setting and workout planning
- Partner with fellow designers, researchers, PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders to design product experiences and services for Tonal members.
- Lead projects through design: take a “build to think” approach by sketching, prototyping and iterating to get teams moving quickly
- Use a variety of user-centered design methodologies and deliverables, including: journey mapping, facilitating team brainstorms, participating in and synthesizing research, framework design, and prototyping
- Go beyond the requirements: think big picture about problems to design the optimal user experience, and work with your team to deliver what works best for the time and technical constraints
- Make Tonal exceptional: Contribute ideas and features to the product roadmap based on research data and insights, as well as from your observed experience with Tonal
- Share designs with Product and Design leadership, iterating at a rapid pace with feedback from every discipline
- Give constructive and useful feedback to other designers to raise the bar for Tonal
Who You Are
- 5+ years relevant experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer, with a focus on innovative digital products or services that have been released to market
- Friendly, collaborative, and a team player above all else
- A high degree of self-awareness, ability to listen and integrate the ideas of others
- Proven ability to solve problems and design elegant solutions at a systems level
- Fluency in user-centered design methods and experience to know which to use when
- A compelling storyteller; know how to frame a problem and share solutions that tackle it, keeping stakeholders on board and with you along the way
- Thinking of every aspect of the user experience–beyond screen designs and wireframes
- Excited and driven by technology and data science
- An innovative thinker and dreamer who challenges the status quo
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.