Faculty is one of Europe’s leading applied artificial intelligence companies. We build, deploy and operate AI solutions to increase our customers’ performance and help them realise their full potential. We believe that AI should be trustworthy, impactful and beneficial across society. Those principles have shaped our work with more than 230 organisations across the public and private sectors as we help them use AI to understand more deeply, make better decisions and act faster.
What you'll be doing:
As UX Designer in the Operations team, you’ll be playing a leading role in designing the future of how companies operate. Working directly with the Director of Operations, we’ll use Faculty as a test case for a leading edge implementation of operational intelligence in a business. The ultimate goal will be to create the best blend of human and artificial intelligence to maximise Faculty’s performance and positive impact in the world.
You’ll be the UX design lead for an emerging, decentralised software system that sources, manages and enables access to business data for analytics and artificial intelligence across Faculty.
What you'll do:
- Solve important and complex operational problems with software and data
- Take complex problems and distill them into solutions that are simple and easy to understand
- Work with domain experts in the operations team to understand user behaviour and design and realise the behaviour changes necessary for Faculty to advance how we create and work with data across the business
- Lead UX design for our implementation of operational intelligence within Faculty and other business applications
- Distill your work into principles and repeatable practices, contributing to Faculty’s design system along the way
Who we are looking for:
- You’re excited about the potential of AI to change how businesses work and you want to be at the leading edge of that change
- You’re motivated by outcomes from solving hard problems in the real world, not by output for its own sake
- An ability to combine deep and creative thinking about user experiences with a focus on contributing to short deployment cycles
- A passion for data and data-driven decision making
- Experience delivering great UX for B2B digital products end-to-end (from brief to shipping) using an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- Systems thinking, approaching each problem by considering how the elements in the experience interact with one another across multiple workflows
- Confidence with a range of design approaches and methodologies
What we can offer you:
The Faculty team is diverse and distinctive, and we all come from different personal, professional and organisational backgrounds. We all have one thing in common: we are driven by a deep intellectual curiosity that powers us forward each day. This curiosity pushes us to seek truth and understanding in everything we do, to execute work in a nimble and pragmatic manner, to foster talent in one another and always to challenge assumptions.
Faculty is the professional challenge of a lifetime. You’ll be surrounded by an impressive group of brilliant minds working to advance our goal of making artificial intelligence real. Our consultants, product developers, business development specialists, operations professionals and more all bring something unique to Faculty, and you’ll learn something new from everyone you meet. You’ll also have the opportunity to make your mark on a high-growth start-up now poised to expand internationally.
Fostering talent is one of our core values, it’s built into our culture and what we offer. An incredible, unique learning and development system: Faculty was founded by people who are passionate about continuous learning, and adding value to our people. Genuinely flexible working: We believe people have needs, responsibilities and interests that require something different to a strict working day. We trust people to organise and take accountability for their own work and do our best to support their lives outside Faculty. Equity, we want you to benefit from Faculty’s growth and success. Unlimited holidays: We encourage each other to use this time to take a break, work on personal projects, or to spend time with their friends and family. Fantastic private health, optical and dental cover, including 24/7 unlimited virtual private GP appointments. Breakfast and more fruit, drinks and snacks than you could ever eat (for office-based employees). Did we mention Yoga? You’ll make friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime. We work hard and make sure we enjoy what we do. So we have frequent socials and informal get-togethers to help make sure you enjoy your time with us.